Pounds to lose!

Helpful links - Healthy Eating and Diet Center
Food and Recipes Center
Diet Club Newcomer Tips
Food & Cooking Community
Getting back on the wagon.
BrittanyW posted:
Hi there,

My name is Brittany and at my weight peak, I was approximatley 390lbs, over the course of a few years and a more regular diet I had gotten to 260 and stayed there until I was 18, when I turned 18 I buckled down and lost approximatley 100lbs by the time I was 19, however I wanted to get down to 130, and this past year I have held steady but never seemed to lose, and then after the holidays I stepped on the scale and boom. I'm back up to 170, my husband is being very supportive coming to Yoga with me and Deep Water Workout but I am very disheartened because when we got enaged in June I was determinded to be 130 for our December wedding, and I just didn't do it, now I'm wanting to have a baby in four years and I know I need to be 130lb for that because of all the risks linked with high BMI and pregnancy, and beyond that I'd like to be able to just get it done now so I can enjoy a few years of being, normal sized. Even though I've lost so much weight I'm 20 years old and I have a stomach flap (No kids!) and enough arm flab I think I could probably fly, so my battle will be losing, and then toning, and it's very disheartening that when I look in the mirror now, I still see my 300lb teenage self because of how dissapointed I am in myself. I need to make myself accountable, so I'm making this post and hoping someone out there can kick my butt enough to make me stick too it! I think starting in highschool was great because lets face it, the bullies pushed, and then maintinaing in University was easy enough because of the peer pressure, now I'm graduating in a year and doing online school and working full time, at a desk and I always seem to be surrounded by Tim Hortons, and I keep saying "Oh once in awhile a bite wont hurt" but clearly it's hurting!

Lefty2121 responded:
Just keep doing what you doing to get to your goal weight! I applaud you for your great success!! We have a lot of pot lucks here at my job I just get small portions and nibble of stuff that I want to try never to get seconds cuz that its what hurts you the most! Best of luck in reaching your goal and having that baby in the future!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 24 years old and currently weigh 179lbs. I started dieting at the beginning of 2010. When I started I weighed 198lbs. My goal is to be 150, but I...More

Helpful Tips

Some motivation tips! Laugh it off!
I needed a little humor today and found some great funny sayings on the internet (Thanks Dan Worona ) to help motivate me. COMMIT TO BE ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.