Welcome to the Club! No fees to pay, no contract to sign, all that is needed -
Pounds to lose!

Helpful links - Healthy Eating and Diet Center
Food and Recipes Center
Diet Club Newcomer Tips
Food & Cooking Community
Please Advise?
Aladan posted:
I currently weigh about 250 lbs, and I want to loose 50 lbs by June. Hopefully sooner. I also have MS, so I'm not really sure what would be a good idea for me other than a few hours of cardio a day. Does anyone have any advice on this?

horridhenry52 responded:
hi i think you should start walking but listen to your body if you feel the stager feeling coming on you need to stop and rest dont do to much to soon cut out all bread cakes buns and biscuits i also have MS and i lost 4.5 stone over a year so its possible to do but dont push yourself to far to soon

totallywiggedout responded:
Hi Aladan,
Remember, diet and exercise go hand in hand. By your post it sounds like you want to up your exercise output, but I'm seeing nothing about revamping your caloric intake. Hmmmm.
Advise you to start a food and fitness planner here on WebMd or Fitday.com.
Be religious about logging your daily foods. Everything. Right down to the creamer in your coffee, and the oils you use to cook. All of it needs to be added into your daily intake record.
Drink at least 64 oz of water every day.
Do exercise, but remember, don't overbalance the exercise/intake. If you don't take in enough calories but over spend on exercise, you won't lose the weight in a healthy way. Without enough calories for fuel, your body will actually begin to eat it's own organs, taking nutrients from your heart, liver, and brain to support over activity.. as it is, your body will burn muscle before it burns its fat stores. That is a fact.
Try to shoot for the recommendations that your planner gives you for caloric intake and daily exercise output. If you exercise more than recommended. Eat to replace that extra expenditure.
kim

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm not very old, but I still feel the pressure to lose weight. I'm 17, but ever since I was little my parents didn't teach me ANYTHING ab...More

Helpful Tips

Biggest Loser Wanna Be
Just came back from a conference and heard Dr. Dansinger from the Biggest Loser speak. He was very inspirational to me as a 'loser wannabe' ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.