Pounds to lose!

Helpful links - Healthy Eating and Diet Center
Food and Recipes Center
Diet Club Newcomer Tips
Food & Cooking Community
Weight Loss with Hypothyroidism
An_250180 posted:
Hello fellow WebMDers..
I am 21 years old and overweight.I would like to loose up to 50lbs. Recently I have changed to oraganic food options and adding more veggitables and fiber to my diet. I've been walking about 2 miles, 5x per week but am not getting any results. What should I do to kickstart my weightloss? Would love some tips especially if you have Hypothyroidism like I do.
Thanks!!

Gomez531 responded:
  • *Lose
    **Vegetables
  •  
    ciphermonk responded:
    First of all I would ensure that you're taking your synthroid as directed by your physician. Same time each day and before eating/drinking anything is typically what's recommended.

You're already walking a couple of miles each day which is really good. Perhaps the workout that you're doing isn't challenging enough.

I've got a cool 20 minute exercise routine that I've put together for people that are just starting out. All you need are a couple of light dumbbells and a little bit of space.

If you're interested, you can find it on youtube at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHJFVi24wHQ

Hope that helps.

- Ron

Spotlight: Member Stories

My partner and I have six children-the oldest three are grown up and on their own. The younger three are 16, 14, and 11. My 74 yo mother lives with us...More

Helpful Tips

Biggest Loser Wanna Be
    Just came back from a conference and heard Dr. Dansinger from the Biggest Loser speak. He was very inspirational to me as a 'loser wannabe' ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.