approaching 50
pattiondo posted:

Hello all, since January 1, 2013 I have been experiencing all sort of problems. I know I need to lose at least 45 pounds. In 2008 I had lap band surgery and did every well, lost almost 80 pounds. In 2011, I developed an infection and had all the fluid taken out of the band, gained 45 pounds back. I am very unhappy not to mention not feeling well. I think the doctors narrowed it down and I need to start eating right. With the lap band, I need high protein meals, but I have to start out on a bland diet, any help or suggestions?????

KayPeterson19 responded:
Hi there,

I don't know anything about lap bands....but, I can tell you that I have been working hard to lose a weight. I bought a treadmill. I don't feel comfortabe in a gym. I am about 250lbs. This is the biggest I have ever been. But, I do two thirty minute workout on my treadmill every day. (besides Sundays) I changed my diet. (my husbands too) I started using grapeseed oil to cook with. I don't know what you use or what kinds of foods you enjoy. But, with just changing my oils I have been losing weight. I also do pilates daily. I really enjoy it. I bought a starters for losing weight DVD. (again because I am not comfortable around people) Working out, even just walking will help you lose weight. I jog on my treadmill but, I have been working at it for a long while now. And, with changing my diet and doing my work outs I have lost 17lbs in the last two months. I think the hardest part is the faster you lose it, the fast you will gain it back....if you don't keep at it. Its deffinatly a life style change.