Welcome to the Club! No fees to pay, no contract to sign, all that is needed -
Pounds to lose!

Helpful links - Healthy Eating and Diet Center
Food and Recipes Center
Diet Club Newcomer Tips
Food & Cooking Community
approaching 50
pattiondo posted:

Hello all, since January 1, 2013 I have been experiencing all sort of problems. I know I need to lose at least 45 pounds. In 2008 I had lap band surgery and did every well, lost almost 80 pounds. In 2011, I developed an infection and had all the fluid taken out of the band, gained 45 pounds back. I am very unhappy not to mention not feeling well. I think the doctors narrowed it down and I need to start eating right. With the lap band, I need high protein meals, but I have to start out on a bland diet, any help or suggestions?????

KayPeterson19 responded:
Hi there,

I don't know anything about lap bands....but, I can tell you that I have been working hard to lose a weight. I bought a treadmill. I don't feel comfortabe in a gym. I am about 250lbs. This is the biggest I have ever been. But, I do two thirty minute workout on my treadmill every day. (besides Sundays) I changed my diet. (my husbands too) I started using grapeseed oil to cook with. I don't know what you use or what kinds of foods you enjoy. But, with just changing my oils I have been losing weight. I also do pilates daily. I really enjoy it. I bought a starters for losing weight DVD. (again because I am not comfortable around people) Working out, even just walking will help you lose weight. I jog on my treadmill but, I have been working at it for a long while now. And, with changing my diet and doing my work outs I have lost 17lbs in the last two months. I think the hardest part is the faster you lose it, the fast you will gain it back....if you don't keep at it. Its deffinatly a life style change.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've always been over weight my entire life. Over the past couple years I have been on and off again with diets & joining gyms. About a couple...More

Helpful Tips

Biggest Loser Wanna Be
Just came back from a conference and heard Dr. Dansinger from the Biggest Loser speak. He was very inspirational to me as a 'loser wannabe' ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.