Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Welcome to the Club! No fees to pay, no contract to sign, all that is needed -
    Pounds to lose!

Helpful links - Healthy Eating and Diet Center
    Food and Recipes Center
    Diet Club Newcomer Tips
    Food & Cooking Community
    Not so quite cravings. (my first post!)
    purplebagpack posted:

I can't believe I've been in a diet for almost 2 months. I feel like I should be messing up by now. I don't have cravings anymore, but when I see chocolate or fat food I still feel like I should be wanting it as if my brain hasn't adapted to the change my body has adapted to. Any feedback or advice?

Info on me: I am trying to lose 40 pounds. I am 18 and I weight 160 or weighted. I am not quite sure, as I haven't weight myself since I started my diet. My clothes feel looser and I've been told I look skinner. Yet I have this fear that I will weight myself and see the same number or a very close number like 158. That will be very discouraging. I also exercise daily and I am trying to do longer or harder exercise as I progress.

Cross fingers that this diet actually works for me.

An_250841 responded:
    Hello.
    As far as the cravings, that is something that i do not have advice on. But with the amound of "pounds" you have lost, i would honestly shoot for a pant/dress size rather than a goal of pounds to lose.
    The reason this works better is because you can tell you are losing inches. And if you are working out, then it is quite possible that you are also toning your musscle and losing fat without losing any pounds
    BEST LUCK!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Joined WebMD Dieting Club: 25-50 Lbs to lose back in April 2007 at my highest weight of 172 lbs. I shed 34 lbs in 24 wks: down to 138 lbs. In May 2009...More

Helpful Tips

Motivational Tool to help you make your commitment to lose weight.
    I've lost over 40 lbs during the last year and recently I came across what I think is a great motivational tool for those wanting to start ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    21 of 21 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.