My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Welcome to the Club! No fees to pay, no contract to sign, all that is needed -
Pounds to lose!

Helpful links - Healthy Eating and Diet Center
Food and Recipes Center
Diet Club Newcomer Tips
Food & Cooking Community
Hey, has anyone bought the XBox 360 kinect and a member of the "live"? If so, give us some insight?
MKissFL posted:
Hi folks. Like you, I'm 40 lbs over. Up down, you can read my life story and a cool tip on the tip link. I like exercise, but I get bored easily.

Some of this posting this so the staff of WebMD will read it and become active in changes! We need national community planning and major non-profit organization changes.

Since I am a 56 yo female, exercise friends are (right now) non-existant. FYI women will chat at the gym, but getting them to commit to anything regular is like chasing cats. I see so much of it all about social approval and distance!

I don't mind putting some money into fun instead of food. I could write a book on society's shove-off of the over 55 female and exercise! We don't belong on golf courses unless we are competitive and already trained. Same for tennis. Not one bicycle group in my area (although I have hopes through Meetup) for the average bicyclist. Try finding bicycle paths!

Not one program offered through our Tax-Exempt, non-profit recreation department or the YMCA in my town of Kissimmee, FL for over WORKING 55 women (unless you want to exercise in a chair with the 90 year olds and risk taking off your job, I'm told "Silver Sneakers". Or required to mix into programs that are Hispanic.). I've written complaints several times that have fallen on deaf ears. Since these organizations are supported with exemption of public tax dollars, why don't they serve all the public, not just active 20 year olds with a hint of inclusion in the 70-90 year old crowd, or based to one segment of the population?

We collectively need to insist that our communities become planned for all age people to exercise!

So, I'm left to consider the fun kids have (why shouldn't I?). Has anyone acquired an XBox 360 with a kinect box? Have you tried the "Live" connection? I'd like to see a write up on this....

Thanks.

Take the Poll

How many of you have joined Meetup to find exercise friends in your community?
  • Yes, I have!
  • I've thought about it.
  • I'm going to do it when I log off here.
  • I have all the friends I need.
  • I get plenty of exercise without any friends.
vote
View Poll Results

wwwcheers2anewucom responded:
check out my website www.cheers2anewu.com
we have all types of products that may fit your needs....

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 51 years old and I have fibromyalgia, Crohns, issues which make exercising very painful. I do some stretching and gentle movements from my PT but...More

Helpful Tips

Check your medical insurance website - you may find gym discounts, story
Hi folks, I see a lot of stories out there, same as mine. I'm over 55 (just) and added about 40 pounds overall to my high school weight. ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.