Welcome to the Club! No fees to pay, no contract to sign, all that is needed -
Pounds to lose!

Helpful links - Healthy Eating and Diet Center
Food and Recipes Center
Diet Club Newcomer Tips
Food & Cooking Community
Noobie here!
Chihirolee3 posted:
Hi, I decided to to join this forum after months of dealing with my self-consciousness, and I'll kick this first post with 'about me.' I am 22 years old, 5'7" 190 lbs. I can't say I've always been overweight since I had very large muscles which I was proud of. I was a buff girl by the end of my senior year weighing about 160lbs then. However, after our school's "all night senior lock-in" in '09, I noticed some very bad changes. Due to extreme symptoms (i don't want to go into detail here), I visited the ER 3 times in within a month after graduating and moving to my college. Turns out from my all night grad party I got Trichinosis, and due to that, I dropped almost 60lbs within that month and once the drs. found out what was wrong with me, they gave me a great deal of meds. After a year and half, I was off the meds, and deemed "healthy" since the parasite was officially gone. During that time I tried to get my strength back, but adding muscle has been extremely hard ever since.
Then in April of 2012, I got the Essure procedure done because I had turned 21. I had been married over 6 months by then and was very scared of an ectopic pregnancy because over 50% of my uterus is scar tissue. It was the only procedure that local doctors would to do for someone my age. I knew weight gain could happen since I was upsetting my natural body, and getting of birth control, but all the reviews I have read were from people in their 30's-40's not wanting more children. Anyhow, my always flat stomach ballooned out and I really don't know whether to blame my circumstances or just being married (since I've always been told women gain weight after marrying).
I haven't been able to be active this past winter, and now I'm getting on my bike again (I bike over 10 miles a day). I work in a grocery store, but I don't eat while I am there (I drink 2-3 bottles of water since it's been hot in the brick building). My stomach is still there, and my thighs are flab, but I never considered myself to get on a "diet" I already rarely drink soda (i hate High Fructose Corn Syrup because I've seen a barrel containing just that ingrediant), and my husband and I don't eat much for junk food.l My husband is a 6'6" toothpick, and has 2 hollow legs, but I try not eat near as much as him. I don't eat much chocolate, so all baked goods (i.e. chocolate cake), he eats. I am just as satisfied eating a bag of saltine (saltless) crackers, but I can also an entire box of mac&cheese and still be hungry. We don't eat much meat because it's so expensive, so our main diet is pasta/rice/bread and vegis (fruit is expensive too).
the only salt engulfed thing we eat is ramen and that's only when we are short on time (still in the college mentality), and we eat out about once a month (not to McD's but to Olive Garden, or Chinese).
I am not sure what else to say about lifestyle, but I'd like to get down to about 130lbs. That means I need to lean up, but I have no idea how to do that since what I am used to is lifting weights and just pushing my body's strength. I know to do cardio, but I already do that biking (my small lungs get more of a workout then anything else). I am not sure what to change about my diet since what I already do is pretty healthy. Back in February I added fiber chewies and diet pills to my routine. I eat the fiber chews before meals, or if I feel snacky I eat 2 of those (with lots of water) instead of food. The diet pills are from walmart and currently I'm trying Hydroxycut and Zantrex 3 though I am not really seeing any results (except I feel tons more energized). I have really bad lower back pain and my knee pain so I tend to stay away from routines I did as a high schooler. I ain't afraid to work hard and often wear myself out over weekends at my husband's parents farm. Other than misc. stuff, my main exercise is biking.
what am I doing wrong? any advice? i ran out of space to say anything more. Thanks for reading.

Johnc12 responded:
Your diet is what you can blame!
All this ramen crap you are eating is bad for you bc it has all this sodium and sugars its ridiculous!
You have to drink more water!
Also you have to do strength training...
Try circuit training if you don't have much time to spare
Go on a "diet"
1,200 calorie intake is what I recommend
Do this and by 6 weeks you will see a difference

wwwcheers2anewucom responded:
check out my website www.cheers2anewu.com
we have all types of products that may fit your needs....

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a 58 year old woman who has struggled with weight for at least the last 30 years. 3 years ago I lost 55 pounds on a doctor supervised low carb, ...More

Helpful Tips

Some motivation tips! Laugh it off!
I needed a little humor today and found some great funny sayings on the internet (Thanks Dan Worona ) to help motivate me. COMMIT TO BE ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.