Pounds to lose!

Helpful links - Healthy Eating and Diet Center
Food and Recipes Center
Diet Club Newcomer Tips
Food & Cooking Community
over 50 and need to lose 35
livelite posted:
Hi All
I gained weight during cancer treatment over the past year and desperately need to lose 35 lbs. I got my stamina back finally and joined the gym and work out with a friend. Just started working out an hour a day between strength training and walk/jog alternate days. I'm going to try not to diet but I am eating only healthy foods and keeping track of calories and exercise minutes on this site. Hope it helps. I've never had to lose this much weight before. I will watch the posts for tips but I know this is going to be tough.

mainananak responded:
http://alkesmedis.com/search/what-is-chicken-pox

gpdaddy59 responded:
I'm 54 and have been working hard since February to lose 115 pounds, get back in shape and start living a more healthy life. So far, I've dropped 80 pounds and have 35 more to go. I've found out a couple of things about this whole thing: You can lose weight just by dieting, you can lose weight much faster by exercising and exercising alone results in painfully slow weight loss. You've got to start by tailoring your exercise to your goal. Then you have to tailor your diet to meet the demands the exercise makes on your body.

Personally I think that trying to lose weight just to lose those few extra pounds and then returning to your old habits will result in the weight yo-yo problem so many of us have experienced. Changing your daily eating and fitness habits is the key to long-term health weight control.

I do cardio training 6 days a week on an elliptical for 30 minutes at a time in the early mornings and do strength training 3 days a week at night. I have to change my routines every couple of months to keep it from getting boring and to boost my fitness level. This typically gets me through the plateaus we all experience when dieting.

Hope this helps and good luck to you. I hope you stay focused on your goals and exercise.

Gammymc replied to gpdaddy59's response:
WOW!!! I don't even know you and I am proud of you...80 lbs is quite an accomplishment!!

wwwcheers2anewucom responded:
check out my website www.cheers2anewu.com
we have all types of products that may fit your needs....

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hey all! I'm Mallory (Mal), and I'm 19. I'm a sophomore in college. I joined this community originally to get back on track with healthy w...More

Helpful Tips

Check your medical insurance website - you may find gym discounts, story
Hi folks, I see a lot of stories out there, same as mine. I'm over 55 (just) and added about 40 pounds overall to my high school weight. ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.