Welcome to the Club! No fees to pay, no contract to sign, all that is needed -
Pounds to lose!

Helpful links - Healthy Eating and Diet Center
Food and Recipes Center
Diet Club Newcomer Tips
Food & Cooking Community
HELP ME!!!!
CAHeger143 posted:
Please help me, I am a 24/f and have 2 kids. I have been trying for over a year to lose weight and keep it off. I just keep fluctuating up and down and cant seem to figure out why. I have been doing this all by myself so maybe it is the lack of a support system but I need something, suggestions, a support system or a better plan. Please Help ME!!!

Sapphyre responded:
How much are you wanting to lose? I have lost over 50lbs in the past 5 years, and I did it without pills, or heavy exercise. And the one important rule I have learned is to not rush it because you have a higher chance of gaining weight you lose right back. I would lose 5lbs then maintain it for a month and then lose more weight, even if it was only 2 lbs a month. As long as you are slowly losing it and maintaining it, you will find it easier to keep the weight off. I had tried every diet I could find, then I just decided to not rush it, I only have 15 lbs left to lose to be where my Dr wants me at. I have come down from a size 22 to a size 10.

CAHeger143 replied to Sapphyre's response:
My goal is loosing 50lbs. I am already down 28.3 lbs, but I can not break past the point where I am at. I have tried all types of diets, exercise, I have even done the whole starve myself at one point or another. I have been stuck here for months. i just do noe know what to do anymore.

mb7001 replied to CAHeger143's response:
Hi CAHeger143, first of all I want you to know I am not a physician or nutritionist or anything like that, just an ordinary guy, but from your post it sounds like you have hit the dreaded plateau. I've been there, and what you have tried i.e. the change of the diet and add more exercise is usually what they recommend. However, I think that another factor might be stress related. Try changing up your lifestyle a little bit. Stop trying to force yourself to lose the weight and focus on activities that you enjoy doing. Definitely drop your calorie intake a little and add in a little more exercise, but also spend time on you! Determine if there is any new stress in your life, and find out how to limit it or better yet eliminate it. Take time to enjoy the things and people around you, and I think that you'll notice the weight start to drop again.
Just an idea, but I have had stress do some strange things in my own life including causing me to gain weight. By the way I am at 200 lbs and need to lose about 30 more and the last 30 seems to be the hardest, but I am confident I can do it. I started to play basketball with some friends and it has helped me to limit the stresses in my life and allowed me to lose weight.

Christine_Moore responded:
I personally struggled with weight loss my entire life from a teenager to an adult. I finally found Take Shape For Life which provides a free health coach. That support finally made the difference and I have lost 45 pounds keeping it off for more than 8 months. I became a coach myself to help others find the same joy as I have found. I'd love to talk to you more. Check out my website and we can go from there! www.christinemoore.tsfl.com/explore .

wwwcheers2anewucom responded:
check out my website www.cheers2anewu.com
we have all types of products that may fit your needs....

Spotlight: Member Stories

Not much to say here, I have been a webMD member since Sep 10 and I went from 180 to 140 (current weight). I was depressed and tired of buying sized u...More

Helpful Tips

Biggest Loser Wanna Be
Just came back from a conference and heard Dr. Dansinger from the Biggest Loser speak. He was very inspirational to me as a 'loser wannabe' ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.