Welcome to the Club! No fees to pay, no contract to sign, all that is needed -
Pounds to lose!

Helpful links - Healthy Eating and Diet Center
Food and Recipes Center
Diet Club Newcomer Tips
Food & Cooking Community
Feel all alone in this.
mamato6 posted:
I have six kids. I'm a stay at home mom. I have 30lbs to lose and can't get anyone who wants to do this with me. How do I get motivated when doing this by myself?

cindigal responded:
I give alot credit to you having six kids and trying to the best thing for yourself. I have only child, he's a adult and has a family but I came from family with six kids. I dont know how my mom did it. I am trying lose around 30 or so and believe me it's a long road. I usually buy a bag of chicken; boneless and skinless whenever i shop. I cook it different ways except fried. I have veggies with it or have a salad. I have a tight budget so I have to stretch food for 2 weeks till I go again. I have a great exercise DVD that I do almost every day. It has a cardio segment, upper and lower segment and it really gets me motivated. I drink alot of water and green tea that I brew myself in ice tea maker. That's what Im doing to lose weight, I hope it pays off in the long haul. What thing I do have is my prescribed medications I have been taking. I take synthroid and ativan; a anti-anxiety pill. I know it's harder to lose with thyroid problem and its frustrated because it takes me harder to lose weight. I hope I gave some insight about myself and say your not alone in this journey.

cindigal

KayPeterson19 responded:
I don't know how you motivate yourself but what worked for me was buying a treadmill (yes, I understand not everyone can afford one). But, anyhow.. I bought my treadmill because I don't hhave time to drive to a gym and I am not that comfortable around other people. My Husband and I have been trying to get pregnant. So, there is my motivation. But, my friend and I walk/jog together at 9 30 AM every morning. I know you said you don't have anyone to do this with. My friend lives in Red Deer, Canada. I live in Minnesota, USA. We do the work at the same time *together* and then compare. I wish you the best.

wwwcheers2anewucom responded:
check out my website www.cheers2anewu.com
we have all types of products that may fit your needs....

airius responded:
The motivation comes from within. You can't be doing this for anyone else except for you. You have to be your own motivation. Whether it is for health or personal reasons, you can be your own best friend or worst enemy when it comes to your weight loss goals.

Spotlight: Member Stories

After getting an acid reflux condition under control with the help of a wonderful doctor, I'm ready to attack 25-30 unwanted pounds. I'm looki...More

Helpful Tips

Some motivation tips! Laugh it off!
I needed a little humor today and found some great funny sayings on the internet (Thanks Dan Worona ) to help motivate me. COMMIT TO BE ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.