Welcome to the Club! No fees to pay, no contract to sign, all that is needed -
Pounds to lose!

Helpful links - Healthy Eating and Diet Center
Food and Recipes Center
Diet Club Newcomer Tips
Food & Cooking Community
Where did these 50 pounds come from??
Shardell posted:
So ok, im 27yrs old with 3 kids and over the last year, or less, I have gained 50 pounds!!! Now honestly I dont really eat that much, but I also dont exercise either. I have been on a lot of different medications over the last year for depression and back problems. I think that might be the problem. Well for 6 mos. I have been off meds and the weight is still here. Does anyone have any insight to where I begin to shed these pounds??

totallywiggedout responded:
Hi, Shar. I'm lurking here, but am usually hanging on the 50-100 diet community site. Just wanted to say welcome.
Start a food and fitness planner here on WebMd, Fitday.com, Livestrong.com or wherever . they are free and make logging your intake and exercise much easier than the "old way" of journaling.
Make small changes that you can live with.

If you go out, cut your entire meal IN HALF and box half BEFORE you even take one bite. You still get to eat what you want, just less of it.

Go grocery shopping just to browse the nutrition labels. Remember, things that say HEALTHY , LOW CALORIE, LEAN or LITE, need special attention because somewhere in there, the manufacturer has added extra sugar to lower fat, or extra fats to lower the sugars... Just to make their product TASTE good. PICK YOUR POISON in other words.

If there are more than 5 items on the ingredients label, that's 4 too many.
Best choices are the items that DON'T HAVE LABELS.... like fresh fruits, veggies and meats.

Shop the OUTSIDE aisle for 3/4 of your groceries. All the fillers and "junk" are in the inside aisles.

kim

wwwcheers2anewucom responded:
check out my website www.cheers2anewu.com
we have all types of products that may fit your needs....

Spotlight: Member Stories

I,M 43 AND I HAVE TYPE 2 DIABETES AND I,V HAD IT 18 TEEN YR. DONE NOT MUCH TO HELP MY SALFE NOW I HAVE HEART AND DIABETES NEED HELP ON RIGHT FOOD AND ...More

Helpful Tips

Check your medical insurance website - you may find gym discounts, story
Hi folks, I see a lot of stories out there, same as mine. I'm over 55 (just) and added about 40 pounds overall to my high school weight. ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.