Welcome to the Club! No fees to pay, no contract to sign, all that is needed -
Pounds to lose!

Helpful links - Healthy Eating and Diet Center
Food and Recipes Center
Diet Club Newcomer Tips
Food & Cooking Community
Can any one help me
An_253246 posted:
I have recently had a baby I am 4ft 11inches tall I was 114 lbs before the babay after her I was 177lbs I am down to 142 lbs I count my calories to 1100 and I do cardio 30 minutes a day 7 days a week but I have stopped loseing weight wat can I do?

BlueEyesDallasTX responded:
I'm in a similar position. I was 125, and then 172 after my baby. I lost about 30 pounds soon after I had my baby but then it came back. Honestly for me it was Starbucks Chocolate Chip Frapps. Sooooo good... but soooooo much sugar.
I have realized that for me, the sugar had to go. Since July 4th I have lost 12 lbs. The only thing I changed was my calories are set to about 1100 and I try to eat NO sugar. I hate it, but that is what is happening. After something like a pregnancy your body goes into shock and sugar is one of those things your body stores and converts into fat.
My daily diet now is Siggi's Vanilla yogurt (100 cal, 9g sugar, 14g protein!!!), salad and protein for lunch and dinner. No food after about 7:30pm.
I'm sure I will get to a point where I will need to focus on muscle but for now I am letting my weight go away from a decrease in calories. I don't starve myeself though because I don't want my body to go into shock and try to store what little food I am eating. It is a healthy amount for weight loss.
I also can't stress enough the importance of eating as unprocessed as possible. If I can't look at the ingredients and know what each item is, I try not to eat it. I need to be able to see what it is (ie - salad, tomato, sprouts...) The yogurt is milk, nectar, vanilla, and live active cultures. That's it. Keep foods simple and unprocessed. I hope you can keep your diet up and reach your goal. I understand how difficult it is. Good luck!!!

arnolle replied to BlueEyesDallasTX's response:
thank you I will try not to eat proccessed as much

jemunns replied to BlueEyesDallasTX's response:
another thing you can do is cut down on certain types of foods. i have alot of health problems that have caused me to gain a ton of weight since my gallbladder surgery in 2007 and therefore i am not active, especially compared to what i was before. but, in the past 6 months, i have lost 40 lbs just from changing how i cook foods. i bought a slow cooker and starting stocking up on boneless skinless chicken breasts. i slow cook almost all our dinner meats. we do not fry anything either. cutting out fried food and baking them instead makes a huge difference. for veggies with your meals, use a variety, switching between brussel sprouts, carrots, peas, broccoli, etc. i have not had to starve myself, i haven't changed my portion sizes at all, but i have lost alot of weight from just using those simple things. i have never been a junk food person though, so that helps. also, i started buying organic over non to cut out all the steroids. oh, and i started getting fresh baked bread from the store instead of a loaf of bread out of the bread aisle. the dr said those little things have helped. and blueeyesdallas is so right about sugar and also on cutting out processed food.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Well here I am again... I've been away for quite some time.. but here we go again. I'm 5' 4" and 185 lbs now and decided to try to l...More

Helpful Tips

treat day
I am just starting my healthy lifestyle change again in the last 4 weeks, this being my 4th week. I won't call it a diet because being ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.