Pounds to lose!

Helpful links - Healthy Eating and Diet Center
Food and Recipes Center
Diet Club Newcomer Tips
Food & Cooking Community
New a BUDDY to help lose 40 lbs.
An_253497 posted:
Hi,

I have been struggling with my weight for the past six years. I currently weigh 187 lbs. and I want to lose 40 lbs. I would like to lose it by the end of the year. So I have about 4 months left and that would be about 10 lbs. per month. Many factors have played into my weight gain. I'm getting married next year too so losing these pounds would be great. Truly I want to do it for myself, I want to feel comfortable and confident with my body. Most of all I want to be healthy and make a lifestyle change. Though, every time it is so hard for me to get started and stay motivated.

I believe some encouragement would help. It is easy for me to do things for other people but not for myself. I want to hold myself accountable for my actions. I don't like disappointing other people so if I am held accountable I will hold myself responsible for losing the weight. So I need someone (a buddy) who is the same position as I, who can provide some encouragement, hear my progress or lack of and vice-versa. Or can someone refer a program that does this, a program (a diet/ fitness buddy system) were two people who are both trying to lose weight can encourage each other in their dieting and fitness and help each other meets their goals.

Fitz66 responded:
Hi, I am also trying to lose weight and could use a friend to check in with. I would like to lose 30lbs. I am 175. Congratulations on your engagement!! I hope we can help each other.

So, what do you so? Do you excerise? What are you doing for a diet? What part of the country are you in? I mean, will it start snowing soon? I walk a lot and am not sure what I will do in the winter. Hope to hear from you soon Tracy

maxfisher replied to Fitz66's response:
I just started watching my food I eat I would like to have some help as well. I want to lose 50 lbs, I am at the biggest I have ever been need some motivation,

trishtopher responded:

Hello. You can call me Trishtopher.

I have underlining health issues that will be the very death of me if I don't take my body back from RA and all the steroids. I am 51 years young and need to re-invent myself. I have made some essential changes and now my weight and fitness needs to be addressed. I too need to be encouraged so this very well could be what I've needed. It would be nice to hear from you.

Donna5000 replied to trishtopher's response:
Hi all, I would also like some help being accountable and having someone to to discuss my daily ups and downs with through this process. I'm 51 and am once again trying to lose about 20-30 lbs. I lost 35 lbs two years ago, but have gained it all back. My new jobs requires me to commute by train and my days are 12 hours long leaving me little time for working out. I need a way to stay motivated to workout when I get home from a long day. Hope you all can help.

emily2009id replied to Donna5000's response:
Hi Donna,

You are just the person I am looking for. Like you, I am looking to lose weight, for me it is about 35-40lbs. This time, I am committed to doing it the right way, eating healthy and working out. No fad diets or pills for me, tried them and they don't work long term. I am looking for a life style change. I have take 2 steps toward the progress, 1st is to eat 5 fruits or vegetables a day. Second, I committed to myself to work out every day for 20 minutes or more. What are the changes that you are making? Any others have suggestions on changes and how to commit to one another?

wwwcheers2anewucom responded:
check out my website www.cheers2anewu.com
we have all types of products that may fit your needs....

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello, My name is Mitzi. I have struggled with my weight issues all of my life. I will turn 35 this year and I really want to take control of my weigh...More

Helpful Tips

Some motivation tips! Laugh it off!
I needed a little humor today and found some great funny sayings on the internet (Thanks Dan Worona ) to help motivate me. COMMIT TO BE ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.