Pounds to lose!

Helpful links - Healthy Eating and Diet Center
Food and Recipes Center
Diet Club Newcomer Tips
Food & Cooking Community
No Will Power
caroljdelozier posted:
Hi Everyone,
I am in dire need of losing at least 40lbs. My doctor recently told me I have some sort of heart disease because I have really bad circulation in my legs. I read up on this and found out the disease is peripheral artery disease and the only thing to help is to lose weight and exercise. This is a problem because I work in a warehouse and every time we go on break all we do is eat! I try to bring in fruit to eat and not buy anything out of the machines; this is really not working. Need help!

mybestfriend responded:
you can take healthy snacks when you go to work, and also try to limit your carbs. go walking or do home exercises.
Good Luck.

brunosbud responded:
"...every time we go on break all we do is eat!"
Eat (pocket snacks from home) before you go on break, then, when break arrives, go on a nice relaxing 15 minute walk, instead. You said a "warehouse"; not a prison.

"...I try to bring in fruit to eat and not buy anything out of the machines; this is really not working."
When you're hungry, nothing you bring from home can compete with what's inside a vending machine. The key is never be hungry at work. Once you allow yourself to get hungry, the machine will beat you...to death.

No one can help you but you can help yourself. Walking, breathing fresh air, getting 15 minutes of sunlight (vitamin D), everyday, and eating healthful foods will make you feel better, one day at a time. Don't allow your job, co-workers or vending machines deny you what's rightfully yours. That's dignity, pride and the joy in reclaiming your self esteem. There's only one thing that can "buy" happiness and that's the confidence in knowing you can do anything you set your mind to. Be a stud and take what's yours! No more asking for help, now! Start today!

qitalove responded:
I'm in similar situation, need to lose at least 40 lbs. It feels like I have spent the majority of my life dieting. I do best when I write down everything I eat and keep track of calories but this is almost impossible to do on the week-ends. As it is right now, I keep losing and gaining the same 5 lbs. I try to walk at least 30 min everyday during my lunch hour at work but I don't like the wind or the cold. I have joined a community Center Seniors Gym but it takes real determination to go after work, once I get home I will not leave again. Keep bringing health snacks and lunches to work that has helped me at least not to gain any more lbs.
I'm well known at work for eating healthy, and then I leave everyone to go walk (while they continue to eat)..

Mahuanka replied to qitalove's response:
I too feel your pain. I need to lose 40lbs as well. I am quite active but sabotage all my hard work by eating late at night and when I go to work. I started working at a caf? in August and I actually gained 13lbs since then. I don't like the way I look but I feel fine which is part of the problem of me continuing to eat the way I do. I really need the motivation, will power and support to finally lose this weight that I've been struggling to lose. Figured it wouldn't hurt to join this group.

wwwcheers2anewucom responded:
check out my website www.cheers2anewu.com
we all types of products that may fit your needs....

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hey all! I'm Mallory (Mal), and I'm 19. I'm a sophomore in college. I joined this community originally to get back on track with healthy w...More

Helpful Tips

Biggest Loser Wanna Be
Just came back from a conference and heard Dr. Dansinger from the Biggest Loser speak. He was very inspirational to me as a 'loser wannabe' ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.