Newbie!
edburns posted:
Hi there! I have just joined this community. I am getting married in June of 2014 and I am looking to lose 30lbs. I for the longest time have been struggling with weight. I am currently 170lbs and I am 5'3''. I am tired of doing this for others, family, friends etc. It's time that I do it for me. I just need the help to stay motivated!

Any suggestions anyone has for weight loss and staying motivated?

Thanks!

An_254858 responded:
I have about 30 lbs to lose myself and have just started exercising again. I am trying to keep some long term goals in mind as motivation (class reunion, old clothes I would like to fit into, being a more energetic mom, etc.). For me, quality of life is another motivator. Good luck, I know you can do it!

deeslose2win replied to An_254858's response:
Hi Newbie, I too, am new at Web MD fitness plan. I started a couple of days ago and hope that this will help me keep off the weight that I plan to lose. Keeping it off seems to be my biggest problem. I also find that I usually lose interest after about 7 or 8 weeks. I need help in keeping the diet going. I have a closet full of clothes that are too tight and that is really a shame to see them hanging there and not being worn.