Welcome to the Club! No fees to pay, no contract to sign, all that is needed -
Pounds to lose!

Helpful links - Healthy Eating and Diet Center
Food and Recipes Center
Diet Club Newcomer Tips
Food & Cooking Community
Newbie!
edburns posted:
Hi there! I have just joined this community. I am getting married in June of 2014 and I am looking to lose 30lbs. I for the longest time have been struggling with weight. I am currently 170lbs and I am 5'3''. I am tired of doing this for others, family, friends etc. It's time that I do it for me. I just need the help to stay motivated!

Any suggestions anyone has for weight loss and staying motivated?

Thanks!

MayNCT responded:
hey there, i am exactly the same weight and height of yours. Also looking to drop at least 30lbs and more. Really have no idea where and how to start of with.

thinking to buy diet supplement, but not sure ....

flowerfarmer replied to MayNCT's response:
I'm new to this site by 5 days. I LOVE the ability to track everything!! I decided, I have to keep my promise to myself. So, I promised to track every single morsel I ate. Every single activity. I admit, my husband and I do belong to a great health center that I never really used but I have commited to going every day this week. And, it worked! In 5 days I've already lost 5 pounds. This website has saved me! For eaters like us who need to loose 50 pounds, there's no "doing it a little at a time". There's no "saying" we're doing it and we don't. This constant typing every little piece of information is the key. It's like constantly passing a full length mirron with your skivies on! All this typing has worked! We need a positive experience as soon as possible or we'll just go back to our well developed old crummy habits.
Don't get me wrong, the last 5 days have been REALLY hard but, it's working! That's what's keeping me going and not slipping back. This tracking thing is working! I make sure I track every single thing (which takes quite a bit of time!) and I'm reading what other people are saying. Try the website first. Just promise yourself you'll set up your profile, input all the info. you need to, then track everything that passes those lips for just one day. 24 hours. You'll see! You'll get on the scale tomorrow morning, first thing, and you'll see. You will have lost weight. You will! Give yourself this gift. I'll be watching to see how you did. Good luck to all of us beginners!!!!

airius responded:
Well, the first positive step was joining this site. Other things that you can do would be to begin with light exercise(if you haven't exercised in a while) like walking 30 minutes a day. Some of us don't have the luxury to be able to afford or have the time to go to our local gym so I suggest also purchasing some light weights and maybe some exercise dvds. Along with exercising, we need to do some eating modifications(i don't like to call it dieting, which is something you only do for a short period of time). I have found that there are some pretty good books out there on the market that will help you with this. I am particular to anything written by Dr. Ian Smith. But there is a vast amount of knowledge out there so you just need to find what works for you. Try to take advantage of everything they offer on this site as a jumpstart point. Good luck on your journey!

airius replied to MayNCT's response:
Diet supplements can help, but they can sometimes be a crutch. Plus when you go off of them, the weight tends to come back. I suggest that you do things on your own and not look for a quick fix. You will be much more satisfied. You made a positive step forward by joining this site and looking for help. I would suggest light exercise and eating modification first. Good luck!

wwwcheers2anewucom responded:
Hi, I came across your post. I have lost 100 pounds and still going strong. With the products we have I know I can help you. Please feel free to browse and purchase products at http://www.cheers2anewu.com We have so many products for your BODY,SKIN, to fit a healthy lifestyle. We have packaged some of the products together, so loyal customers can save money.
Please check the website out. If you become a loyal customer you can get all products at a Reduce Price. If you have any questions Please feel free to leave comments or questions on my website.

Thank You

THE ULTIMATE PACKAGE AND PURE CARDIO

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hey all! I'm Mallory (Mal), and I'm 19. I'm a sophomore in college. I joined this community originally to get back on track with healthy w...More

Helpful Tips

Some motivation tips! Laugh it off!
I needed a little humor today and found some great funny sayings on the internet (Thanks Dan Worona ) to help motivate me. COMMIT TO BE ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.