Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Welcome to the Club! No fees to pay, no contract to sign, all that is needed -
    Pounds to lose!

Helpful links - Healthy Eating and Diet Center
    Food and Recipes Center
    Diet Club Newcomer Tips
    Food & Cooking Community
    Confusion over different diets out there
    cindigal posted:
    You know when a year starts, everyone pitches their diet on TV or online. In this site there were about 4 or different diets I saw, I cant recall all of them but they all work differently. The ones in mind I saw is the Meditarean diet (whatever it spells), DASH diet, Weight Watchers, and then there is a few diet books. One is called Eat It to Beat it..... comprised all about foods that you can eat to banish belly fat. Then I saw the book called, The Shred...different diet one that promises 4 inches or 2 sizes down in a certain amount of time.

With all these different diets out there, I wonder if anyone has tried anyone of the above diets I mentioned or read the books. I look at labels on food whenever I shop, i watch the fat grams, carb, gms of sugar and etc but I want different opinions and ask if anyone tried the diets. Are there menus on WEBMD for the diets they list.

cindigal

kim832 responded:
    I have tried weight watchers but it didn't work for me because I wasn't ready. Honestly, I think best solution is clean eating and exercise. Portion control. Lots of water...watch fat,sick and nearly dead. It's on Netflix .

airius responded:
    I have tried the Shred plan and it really does work if you stick to it. As with any plan, if you go off of it then you tend to gain the weight back. It is basically a step down plan where it doesn't deprive you of everything at once. I think it is pretty good and plan on doing it again in the near future.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi I am 50 years old and heavier then I have ever been. I am 5'3" and weight 180 lbs. I need to lose 45 pounds but cannot seem tyo stay on tr...More

Helpful Tips

5 Easy Recommendations
    I have lost 10 pounds in 2 weeks by making small changes in my diet and knowing I will have to continually make them a habit to keep it ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    40 of 51 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.