Welcome to the Club! No fees to pay, no contract to sign, all that is needed -
Pounds to lose!

Helpful links - Healthy Eating and Diet Center
Food and Recipes Center
Diet Club Newcomer Tips
Food & Cooking Community
Hello
anonymous posted:
I will love to lose about 25 pounds to start. I have a hard time staying focused and motivated to lose weight. I am a busy mom. I work, go to school and take care of kids. I need help. Will someone become my friend and encouragement... I am only 33 and weigh 212 at 5'4. I need to be healthy for myself and my family.

airius responded:
Hello. I think that you will probably need to not be anonymous in order for anyone to take you seriously about finding a workout partner. Good luck!

auntmary6261 responded:
Hi there , my name is Mary and today is the 1st time I have joined a community on line. I am 52 years old I weigh 216# and I am 5'3. I have a thyroid condition , I suffer from Arthritis in my hands , back/neck, knees,feet and need knee replacement surgery. I also have a syrinx in my spinal cord. I take several medications everyday some several times a day. I have struggled with weight all my life. my problem now is I feel defeated by FAT. I try to eat properly I stopped eating processed foods a few weeks ago . I watched a video on line called Fat Sick and nearly dead. I can't say that it changed my life I did make it 5 days and lost 15#. I have continued to try and not eat processed foods but its hard and time consuming to. I can do fresh raw fruits but not the veggies . I have 4 grandchildren that I spend a lot of time with. I have 1 that lives with me and she is almost a teen she worries about her weight and she is tiny. I think my problem is stress , lack of sleep doing for everyone else and leaving no time for myself. I would like to get to 170# . I am broad shouldered and big boned .My lowest weight as an adult was 150 and I didn't look good , that is to thin for me . I need to make a lot of changes in my life to make weight loss a permanent way of life. I would like to have someone to chat with daily . What works for you and could use the encouragement Have A Great Day

brunosbud replied to auntmary6261's response:
Outstanding job on losing 15 lbs in 5 days! So, can you re-write your post so that you talk of all the things you're doing right and leave out all the bad stuff from the past? In other words, why not focus only on positive outcomes.

If you were a coach for one of the teams playing in the Super Bowl, would it matter if you never won a game the previous 10 seasons? The only thing that matters is that you're winning, now, and you'll win the big game (or die trying!). That's your only focus!

btw, if I was the owner of the Denver Broncos or the Seattle Seahawks and my coach announced, "I've never looked good in a ticker tape parade..." I'd quietly take him aside and tell him, "You ever say something negative like that, again, and I'll fire you on the spot!" In other words, don't worry about weighing 150. You can bet your life on it.

auntmary6261 replied to brunosbud's response:
Wow , Guess I wouldn't make a very good coach ! I will make sure not to apply for that job. I am a little confused about this community I thought it was for weight loss and just thought I would share some of my problems thinking someone else may have some of the same things going on and an idea that might be helpful. Didn't mean to be negative.

BTW, your last paragraph seemed to be a bit harsh. This doesn't seem to be the community that I am looking for. Hope you enjoy the Super Bowl

brunosbud replied to auntmary6261's response:
Mary, thanks for your reply...I think. Good, bad or indifferent, we're all "coaches". You and I both applied the minute we declared, "Let's have a baby!". Whether you wanted the job or not, you're "coaching" a team, right this minute...

The last paragraph is harsh...You're right. I posted this in the Diabetes room (yes, I'm Type 2), yesterday. Please read...

All of us drive cars. Therefore, all of us use car batteries. Some of us take our cars to a "mechanic" and he tells us if when we need a new battery (or starter or alternator lol). Some of us inspect our battery cables for corrosion and tight connection, watch for dimming lights when starting & are familiar with the common sights or sounds associated with battery failure and need no one to tell us when we need to replace our battery. Finally, some of us do nothing and wait for our cars to fail in the middle of the road. Regardless, what kind of person you are, everybody's car battery is dying. [br>This is precisely the same for Diabetes (or Obesity, Osteoarthritis, Hypothyroidism).[br>[br>When it comes to Diabetes, proactive people are not necessarily smarter or safer. There's no guarantee we won't have a stroke or go blind, tomorrow. We just acknowledge our "battery" is dying and we hate breaking down in the middle of the road. Confused or informed, lazy or diligent, who cares? Everyone's gonna die, eventually.

My daughter once asked me, "Hey, Pop, if we'll all gonna die,eventually, what difference does it make what we eat and whether or not we exercise?" I told her, "Honeypig, it matters not one bit when you're living. But, when you're six feet under, it matters "huge". Nobody recalls the lessons their father failed to teach them.

Mary, nobody has a "weight problem"; just "issues" that aren't important enough to resolve (Some folks just don't mind breaking down in the middle of the road). Best of luck and better days for you and yours.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm not very old, but I still feel the pressure to lose weight. I'm 17, but ever since I was little my parents didn't teach me ANYTHING ab...More

Helpful Tips

Biggest Loser Wanna Be
Just came back from a conference and heard Dr. Dansinger from the Biggest Loser speak. He was very inspirational to me as a 'loser wannabe' ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.