Announcements

Welcome to the Club! No fees to pay, no contract to sign, all that is needed -
Pounds to lose!

Helpful links - Healthy Eating and Diet Center
Food and Recipes Center
Diet Club Newcomer Tips
Food & Cooking Community
crowfriend posted:
Hello, I decided to attempt losing 30 lbs. my way before succumbing to spending a ton of $$ on Nutri-system, Jennie Craig, Slimgenics or fill in the blank on many other expensive weight loss programs. Weight Watchers isn't for me either as I'd rather keep a food journal than try to figure out points for food which, pretty much, just boils down to calories anyway. So here goes, beginning today. So far, I've had a hard time filling in the food log b/c I guess I'm not eating too many of the popular food items that are in the log automatically. I eat Wasa crispbread when I need a lowfat, low cal, crunchy, fairly filling treat (instead of what I really want: Ciabatta bread from my fav. French bakery) but it isn't on the list here. I also make quite a few homemade soups instead of buying any of the prepackaged ones due to all the sodium and, quite frankly, mine taste better using herbs and broth. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to log in these things since they aren't included in the lists? Having spent my entire life gaining and losing weight I am no stranger to the process and what needs to be done. I want to lose 30 lbs. asap, but definitely beofre our son's wedding in August. Doable? I think so, but I feel like I need some guidance navigating this website.
Thank you!
Crow

mikemilton responded:
In my experience, http://www.mynetdiary.com has the best food DB and it also has the ability to add foods and recipes.

I've lost about 25lbs since christmas so your goal should be doable. Indeed, weight loss was not even a big goal of mine it just comes along with the lifestyle choice.

naptural19 responded:
Hello! I'm new to the site and this board. I've been using http://www.myfitnesspal.com pretty extensive database. You can add your own foods as well, ans there is a bar code scanner on their app. Best of all its free and also has a community for support. GL!

lauriludowici responded:
I also have a wedding to attend in August. My daughter is getting married. My goal is to lose 40 lbs. Tomorrow will be my first day. How are you doing? Do you have any advise for the first week?

brunosbud replied to lauriludowici's response:
Establish increased daily movement and activity as the centerpiece for you health plan. Why do this vs. focusing on "diet" as you have in the past?

Because, (1.) Why keep doing what you've been doing and expect a "different" outcome, and (2.) Weight Gain is incidental to numerous other issues you have that have little to do with diet. I'm talking arthritis, hyperglycemia, hypothyroidism, lipidemia, autoimmune and digestive issues. Exercise is the key step in reversing your "health" issues which will lead, eventually, to weight loss.

Lastly, do you put time limits on being "happy". By regaining energy and rebuilding your body through healthier diet, exercise and a commitment to more rest, wedding attendees will see beauty on your face & smile, not your body. "Whatever you believe about yourself on the inside will manifest on the outside." What you want on your daughter's day in August has more to do with attitude, not cellulite.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Insulin Resistance. Seems to be my life's curse! I was a healthy up until a car accident in my mid teens, and after that, my health spiraled downw...More

Helpful Tips

Some motivation tips! Laugh it off!
I needed a little humor today and found some great funny sayings on the internet (Thanks Dan Worona ) to help motivate me. COMMIT TO BE ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.