Welcome to the Club! No fees to pay, no contract to sign, all that is needed -
Pounds to lose!

Helpful links - Healthy Eating and Diet Center
Food and Recipes Center
Diet Club Newcomer Tips
Food & Cooking Community
Motivation
kmiller2130 posted:
I can't seem to get myself motivated to work out. I was doing well for years then I started getting sick due to my uterus giving me some health issues. I had a partial hysterectomy back in February so that isn't a concern anymore. Well, I've got the eating healthier part down but I just can't seem to get motiviated to exercise. I have also been suffering from migraines 3 to 4 times per week and it makes it hard to even try to work out. I'm in the process of getting to a neurologist to do something about that. But in the mean time I'm so fustrated with myself about not working out that I just want to scream.
Ccurrent height : 5ft 0in
Current Weight : 150
Goal Weight : 120

brunosbud responded:
Do you have to move, more, when trying to lose weight? Yes, that's true (only it has little to do with "burning more calories" as most people think).

Does moving more have to be so unpleasant that it requires "motivation"? Yes...if the only two choices I had were, (A.) walking on a treadmill, and (B.) dragging my a22 around a block, 5 times.

Imagination, then, inspiration precede "motivation". The reason you can't find what you seek? You're looking for the wrong thing. Do something fun, then, do "it" a little faster so you can sweat a little. Fun things don't require "motivation".

kmiller2130 replied to brunosbud's response:
Thanks for your reply. I actually found my inspiration this morning. While walking down the hall I came to the realization that my thighs were slapping each other and I looked pregnant (which is impossible since I've had a partial hysterectomy a few months ago). Also, Ive looked at some stuff that is fun and I actually want to start doing so light parcore stuff. I love the show Arrow and seeing Oliver Queen and Sara Lance as they do their workouts I've been getting inspired. The actors actually do those same workouts in real life. I know I'm a 35 year old nerd but I'm proud of it and it's my motivation. Thanks again for your input. It's more helpful than you know.

brunosbud replied to kmiller2130's response:
You're not a nerd. We all have our peculiar interests, things we find funny and, most especially, things that inspire us and peak our imagination. I have absolutely no idea what the heck you're talkin' about (Arrow? Oliver Queen?) which tells me, you're moving in the right direction*.

Find the fun. When we do that, we don't care how we look or what strange sounds come out of our bodies, we just want more. When you've found it, you'll know...Then, you can thank me.

* I raise "corgis". When home, I've walked with at least one "pem(broke)", off-leash, everyday (4am), for the last 10 years. The quiet, cool and calmness is exquisite! I don't want anyone to know what a blast it is. We don't want the company...

Remember: Motivation aint something you "find". It finds you.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I started my weightloss journey June of this year. I have lost a total of 10lbs. My goal is to lose 40lbs by december. I have always been overweight a...More

Helpful Tips

Biggest Loser Wanna Be
Just came back from a conference and heard Dr. Dansinger from the Biggest Loser speak. He was very inspirational to me as a 'loser wannabe' ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.