Welcome to the Club! No fees to pay, no contract to sign, all that is needed -
Pounds to lose!

Helpful links - Healthy Eating and Diet Center
Food and Recipes Center
Diet Club Newcomer Tips
Food & Cooking Community
helllo ( im new to this)
wcmaxi posted:
I am 23 years old and i had my baby 4 years ago and still havent to take off the weight that i have gained. I been on the yo yo diet on off. Im ready to really lose this weight because the older im getting the harder its going to be. I never really had anyone to accompany me in my journey. I just feel like if i had someone to respond to that would be checking or hold me accountable that s what i really would need. Allso to get advice on healthy foods because i feel like i have a food addiciton problem. lol but honeslty i really want this change dont understand why its so hard.

pinkfloyd83 responded:
Hey, I'm a mom and suspect that I'm a food addict too--I would love to accompany you on your journey. I am about 40 lbs. overweight, and since the birth of my second kiddo, I haven't been able to stick to any kind of healthy eating plan. I do ok for awhile, but then something stressful happens, or I get off my routine it's all out the window. I need some accountability, especially in the beginning.

brunosbud responded:
Are you prediabetic or diabetic? Did you develop gestational diabetes at anytime during your pregnancy? I am diabetic but I treat it through diet and lifestyle, only. No drugs; never. There may be as many and 80-100 million Americans either prediabetic of diabetic, many of them clueless, btw, of their condition. I ask this because the "beauty" of diabetes is it demonstrates just how important high daily activity (as opposed to "exercise"), sleep, water consumption and stress play big roles in maintaining a healthy immune system (& blood glucose control).

The point is this. How long have people fixated on "diet", alone, to lose weight. How long have people counted calories? 50-100 years, maybe?...Obesity, Diabetes, Cardiovascular disease, Arthritis, Depression, IBS, Gout, COPD, PCOS, Cancer...In my mind, they're all just different symptomatic manifestations from the same root cause...an imbalanced lifestyle. Just way too much stress and not enough self-awareness of the body breaking down under the relentless strain...until it collapses in a heap...the the depression.

Too much bad food. Inconsistent sleep. Guzzle anything but water. Poor oral hygiene. Sitting all day long. Smear any and every lotion, skin cream, hair product, deoderant on the skin and believing it's perfectly safe and will not harm or affect brain, heart and especially liver and kidneys. Limited access to fresh, clean air.

If you had diabetes ( I hope you don't) you would see how foolish these weight losers are to suggest that "diet", alone, will accomplish their goals. Or, that exercise can overcome regular daily ingestion of alcohol, soda and massive amounts of starch/carbs. Weight loss doesn't result. It hasn't ever worked. And, it never will work. Why?

Because the goal is not to lose weight. It's to restore and rehab a severely abused and crippled metabolic system. Only a balanced lifestyle and time can accomplish as miraculous as that.

It's estimated that fewer than 1 in 10 over the age of 40 can successfully lose weight, long term (over 5 years). Now, do you understand the reason why?

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've been physically active since childhood (40 years). Strength training, speed walking and tennis has caused my body to become muscular and Im h...More

Helpful Tips

Motivational Tool to help you make your commitment to lose weight.
I've lost over 40 lbs during the last year and recently I came across what I think is a great motivational tool for those wanting to start ... More
Was this Helpful?
20 of 20 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.