Welcome to the Club! No fees to pay, no contract to sign, all that is needed -
Pounds to lose!

Helpful links - Healthy Eating and Diet Center
Food and Recipes Center
Diet Club Newcomer Tips
Food & Cooking Community
New to Weight Loss, and Stuck
cowgirlbebop posted:
Hello everyone! I am new here and relatively new to weight loss. Over the past few years I have put on more weight than I would like. I have dramatically changed my diet and exercise habits (from eating everything I wanted to and doing no exercise to making smart food choices and exercising regularly), but I still have not lost any weight after 2 months. I am really getting frustrated and often feel like just giving up and going back to my old lifestyle. I am more concerned with my look and shape than the number of pounds I lose, but I think 25-30 lbs should get me back to where I want to be.

Any help or advice would be great. I really want to stick with this but the lack of results is so discouraging.

brunosbud responded:
Don't you wonder why it is? Why is it that you use to eat piles and piles of Mac and Cheese and, now, you gain weight just looking at a plate of the stuff? Have you any idea what's different, now? Don't you think that's a legitimate question? Don't you think it has relevance (to how you decide to lose weight)?

It you really understood the problem of weight gain in relation to the aging process, you'd realize it's a very serious and complex problem. It's a problem that's compounded not only with age but lack of movement, too. And, because it's so intimately tied to movement, it's going to take a helluva lot of movement to repair the damage that's done now that vital organs are encased in visceral fat.

What I'm suggesting is that Obesity is more "injury" than disease or whatever it is you think the problem is. And, with injury, you need to exercise patience and common sense. especially, at the very beginning of your journey. This is the biggest mistake most people have, here, and why they fail. They underestimate their disability and jump, head-first...Just like when they were young. And, they're not, anymore. Plus, obesity and insulin resistance ramp the aging process, too, so 20 somethings feel (and move) like 40 Somethings.

I say this not to discourage others. I say this to consider: Why is it so hard? Why don't I get results, faster? If it was simply "eat less, move more", why do few people succeed, long term? The reason is, all "injuries" should be rehabilitated, carefully and slowly. Not, starved to death or given a drug or supplement. Good luck.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Brittany and at my weight peak, I was approximatley 390lbs, over the course of a few years and a more regular diet I had gotten to 260 and ...More

Helpful Tips

Biggest Loser Wanna Be
Just came back from a conference and heard Dr. Dansinger from the Biggest Loser speak. He was very inspirational to me as a 'loser wannabe' ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.