Skip to content
Doing this alone is getting tough...
renaetastic posted:
Hi, I'm Renae. I'm 21 years old and finishing up my bachelor's degree in Communications Media.

So, I've been dieting and exercising for a little over a month with some pretty good results (around fifteen pounds), but I still have 65 more to go. I have friends that have been supporting me and have been keeping a blog of my progress, but I'm starting to feel rather isolated about the whole thing. Sure, these friends are supportive and wonderful, but I can't help but feel that they don't know what it really feels like. Most of them are skinny minnies and have been skinny minnies for their entire life.

So, I'm starting to post on this forum so that I can be surrounded by people that are going through a similar situation.

So, hello everyone!
FirstPrevious12NextLast

pallzy responded:
Welcome. You'll find a lot a great people on this board.

feduptwice replied to pallzy's response:
Hi Renae-you will definitely get a lot of great advice here and people that you can share your struggles with.Welcome
Mia

Saminyork responded:
Welcome. It sounds like your friends have good intentions, but they can't possible know what you going through. Bravo to you for not giving up and reaching out to another resource for support. I lost 80lbs when I was 22 and over 7 years managed to gain it all back and then some. Do it right this time for YOU and create a healthy lifestyle you can stick with so you never gain it back. Dr. Peeke talks about 'removing' fat not loosing it. You dont' ever want to find it again right???
Slow and steady means lifelong success. let us know how you are doing.

darth_brooks responded:
It sounds like you have wonderful friends who are supportive of you and your weight loss. They are keeping a blog that will help you along the way and they aren't trying to pressure you to go eat a huge meal to celebrate something, or telling you anything discouraging. So, I would be thankful to any of my friends who would be so supportive.
Maybe you feel resentment toward them because they have "always been skinny minnies..." maybe they dont know what its like, sure....but they seem willing and trusting and understanding. So don't underestimate them.

Hey, 15 pounds in a month is incredible! So with or without a group...be proud of yourself and the work YOU did!

jis4judy responded:
good morning renae,
you can share anything with us ask any question share your stuggles and celebrate your victories,,
I know that it could feel like you are the only one especially when you have friends all willing to help but not accually being in your shoes,,,
You are off to a great start 15 pounds the first month.. congrats on makeing the changes nessesary to live a healthy life.. I removed apprx 10 pounds a month the first 4 or 5 months then it slowed down to 5 or 6 pounds a month the the last 10 is a whole different struggle ... make sure you are getting good nutrition and make heakthy choices be an avid label reader ...
these are the 2 sites online that I found most helpful

http://www.fitday.com/

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/healthy-diet/NU00200

welcome aboard
Hugs Judy:)

blondie454u responded:
Welcome Renae. You're doing great so far. Keep up the good work.

Amber

renaetastic replied to blondie454u's response:
Thank you for all the support! I'll be posting another update on Wednesday, because I like to call it weigh in Wednesday, ha ha.

beckygal replied to jis4judy's response:
Wow that fitday.com is a great website, thanks for suggesting it!

Moonchild55 responded:
15 pounds in a month...wow that is great! You'll be a skinny minnie before you know it...keep up the good work.

JamaicaBound responded:
Glad to meet you . I woke up yesterday and decided to make a change. It is sooooo hard to even start . *Geesh. I need to lose 75 pounds but i would like to lose 35 pounds by October for a trip to jamaica... I need much support.

Claire05 responded:
hey,

read your post. id be happy to be your diet buddy. I once was over 400 lbs now im in my 100 . i still need to loose about 50 lbs. so we can do it together.
let me know what you think

renaetastic replied to Claire05's response:
Hi Claire! I would love to be your diet buddy! Thank you so much for reaching out to me.

renaetastic replied to JamaicaBound's response:
I think it's great to start off with little goals on your way to a bigger goal. My first goal was to lose 20 by my college graduation and I'm now only two pounds away from hitting that goal! I want to lose a lot more after that, but that was just the first obtainable goal that I could see.

I also have a cute one piece bathing suit hanging up in my closet to motivate me to fit into it AND look good by the end of August.

Bodyshok responded:
Hey renaetastic, just read your post & you took the words right out of my brain...BEEN THERE, DONE THAT! I'm finishing up an almost 7-year stent with my journey (took that long due to my mental & physical roller coaster life), but as of this morning, I've kicked 114.5 pounds to the curb, with about 25-30 left...WOO-BABY-HOO! And like you, doing this alone is tough/frustrating along with dozens of other adjectives.. I NEVER tell someone, you can do it, because I don't know what that person has on their plate; so with that written, hang in there & do the absolute best YOU CAN! Rock on!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Ok I am at it again, lost track of how many times I have tried to lose weight.About 12 yrs ago I separated from my husband and started a diet of ma...More

Helpful Tips

Easy Link to the WebMD Food and Fitness Planner
To let people know how to find it, go to WebMD home page it's listed on there, but here's the easy link for you ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.