Skip to content
Goal Weight
blondie454u posted:
Hey All,

I have went past my goal weight. I wieghed in at 129 today! Go me! Doing the happy dance! Total of 121lbs lost. I hope everyone is well.
Amber CW 129, SW 250.  Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

jis4judy responded:
congrats amber you did great
I am so jealous now all you need to do is maintain

I am doing a happy dance and waveing pompoms
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 153ish maintaining Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey

Tomato05 responded:
Congratulations - you have the right to feel very proud of yourself.

One day I will join you in reaching and maintaining my goal!

If you had to summarise in one phrase - what was the secret/main principle of your weight loss?

debbieleft responded:
Fantastic,

I am new to this group. Do you have any thoughts for someone who is just starting out?

blondie454u replied to Tomato05's response:
Never give up! No matter what! No excuses!

That's what I used to get keep me going.
Amber CW 129, SW 250. Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

blondie454u replied to debbieleft's response:
Debbie,

It took me 2 and half years to reach my goal. I did it very slowly. I wasn't willing to give up certain things and as I keep reading and posting on this board realized that in order to be healthy I need eat and act healthy most of the time. To me it's was worth it. I want live a healthy happy life. But anyway getting off subject there. I would start cutting out 1 thing a week that you eat that is unhealthy and adding something healthy in it's place. It all starts at the grocery store. I eat natural whole foods such as fresh or frozen veggies and fruits. Lean meat, low fat or fat free dairy, and whole grains. If you do want to exercise start off slowly don't over do it. I exercise just about everyday. If there is anything else you want to know just ask. We have a lot of knowledgeable ppl on this board that are willing to help.
Amber CW 129, SW 250. Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

blondie454u replied to jis4judy's response:
Thanks Judy!

feduptwice replied to blondie454u's response:
Good God Amber How does it feel being in 7th heaven:)? did you hear angel's thrumpets when you stepped on the scale to discover 129? I am sure you did!
Mia 5'9 SW about 260ish/CW 186/GW 155-160 Mommy of 3 and 6 yo girls

pallzy responded:
Congratulations!!! You must be thrilled. Can't wait till I get there myself.

Sheryl
5'11 SW 275/GW 160/CW 164

debbieleft replied to blondie454u's response:
Thanks, That sounds like good advice. I have been trying to do a lot of fruits and veggies but I also have some things I shouldn't. I like the idea of cutting out one thing a week. Now I need to decide what I should cut this week. I know butter and diet soda need to go, but I may not be ready to cut them out just yet.

You've done great!
SW 309 CW 250 GW anything under 175....

irisheyes213 replied to debbieleft's response:
WWWWAAAHHHOOOO! Amber! WTG! Thanks for sharing your journey with us.

blondie454u replied to irisheyes213's response:
Thanks everyone. I couldn't have done any of this without you guys or Web MD since I have no support at home. I still can't believe the new me but I love myself again and I love looking at myself in the mirror. That maybe conceited but I think I have the right to be for now lol. The journey isn't over. The next journey is to maintain it and I am going to make darn sure I do. I didn't do all this work for nothing.

jean4vr responded:
AMBER!!!!!

So VERy happy for YOU!!

All that has work has paid off. Thanks for sharing. I bet youcould write a book.

I love your quote...concentrate on the present moment.

By the way after I came back from FL I got knocked off this site. I re registered with screen name jean4vr. I was barbara 4u. That's why I haven't been posting. I was unable to. That was real frustrating.

Anyway barbara 4u is NOW jean4vr.

ps Don't ever feel guilty about feeling good about how you n ow look. This is the payoff for getting healthy.

Barb (jean)

jean4vr replied to debbieleft's response:
Debbie,

Good for you to start. It is not about how fast you get rid of the lbs.. Its about making changes you can live with.

Walk more. For me it's about getting off that couch and not eating chips. I never thought I could make those changes. Oh, yeah I had relapses.

That's what these boards are for support.

Good for you for starting.

debbieleft replied to jean4vr's response:
Thanks Barb (jean)!
It rains 75 inches or more here annually. We are just getting into our drier time of year. I will try to get in plenty of walking. I had been down about 70 pounds and lost focus. I gained 10 pounds back so fast it was scary. Maybe this board is what I need to keep on track.

Thanks!
SW 309 CW 250 GW anything under 175....

Spotlight: Member Stories

Well isn't that just great!? I joined the wrong Dieting Club community. I should have joined the 100+ lb community, but instead joined the 50 - 10...More

Helpful Tips

Sugar: All you need to know
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kristin-kirkpatrick-ms-rd-ld/dangers-of-sugar_b_3658061.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.