Skip to content
Any help for men?
larbear55 posted:
I have about 90 lbs to get rid of. I see a lot of women but no men on here. Can the advice go for both gender? I'm new at this so please be kind!

jis4judy responded:
Hi Larbear55
we have had some men on this board that had great success
they don;t allways stick around once they get to goal though..
and most of the info is for both men and women,,
following a healthy eating plan being very important is for both men and women and exercise too ..
You may have to read some ladies posts about monthly bloating that may not apply to men however ,,Lol
You are welcome to join us I did help my dear hubby to lose 100 pounds ... so just ask anything and we will try to help .
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 153ish maintaining Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey

jean4vr responded:
As far as I know eating healthy and exercise is good for both genders. Look at the Biggest Losers.

Judy said her dh lost 100! Ask her what changes he made.

Well, you are welcome to post. That seems to help all of us who stay with it. People post 1 time, then disappear.

Wonder what happened to the Alli guy?

Marci320 replied to jean4vr's response:
Yep, losing weight is not just for women, so welcome! I agree that maybe Judy can give you some tips on how she helped her husband to lose 100 pounds. That is fantastic!

Barb, I wonder too where all the people go who post one time and then disappear. I don't know who the Alli guy is though.

blondie454u responded:
Welcome aboard!
Amber CW 129, SW 250. Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

fedupagain replied to blondie454u's response:
thats right! where is the Alli guy? he was suppose to keep us posted on how it works for him. You think that due to horrible side effects of Alli he was just too embarrassed to post?
Mia 5'9, SW260'ish/CW182/GW 155-160, mommy of 3 and 6 yo girls

jean4vr replied to Marci320's response:
Marci,

There was "Alli Guy" who said he was on the Alli Program. He told about his weight loss and some of the side effects. If I recall, he almost had an "accident" in his pants. He was going to stay on the program and report his progress.

I remember seeing that product in stores. Even on sale, it seems pricey. I would rather spend the money on healthy food and do the work needed to change my lifestyle.

I remember asking him how he would plan to keep the weight off when he went off Alli. I mean, being realistic., you can't stay on that for life!

Alli Guy, Where are you? Hope all is ok.

StretchyMcSteppy responded:
Hey Larbear,

Do you have a fitness routine that you enjoy? The great thing about having one is you get your mind off food, you get endorphins and feel happier, you turn fat into muscle and for every 10 lbs you lose your knees and back will think you've lost a lot more--and they will thank you ! You'll just feel younger and have more energy, you'll sleep better, and probably laugh more.
Men generally like to be active, so if you are already, just kick it up a lot. When you do sit down to eat, you may be surprised that you crave healthier foods.

jean4vr replied to StretchyMcSteppy's response:
You are right on about my knees saying "Thank You" for not having to carry an extra 24 lbs!

I still got more to lose, but hey, it is a start.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have a lot of weight to lose and hoping that I can get help and support from others on here and I hope that I can return the help and support too (s...More

Helpful Tips

Sugar: All you need to know
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kristin-kirkpatrick-ms-rd-ld/dangers-of-sugar_b_3658061.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.