Skip to content
HOW DO YOU JOURNAL YOUR FOOD???
Saminyork posted:
ok, I'm stuggling with this. It sounds so simple...write down what you eat. Right? But I'm like a yo-yo about it! I get all excited to 'start' my healthy eating plan and work my plan and for a three/four days I'm golden and record my food/mental status/ and workouts. Then, ....... SMACK.....I don't do it for four/five days.......
Could it be some wierd phsycological thing, like my subconcious doesn't want me to succeed??? I'm just so frustrated with myself, and I totally get it logically..."just write it down".
Help....What keeps you consistently recording your food intake/exercise and mental state?
Looking for some ideas that I can try! Sam

Jis4Judy responded:
well I started logging into fitday not so much for the weight loss but to monitor my nutrition and it is interesting to me chooseing foods that balance my nutrition and keeping the calories lowish
I sort of made myself a project..much like any other thing I started,,crafts etc
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 153ish maintaining Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey

StretchyMcSteppy replied to Jis4Judy's response:
I journal on an application on my iPod touch. The app is called " Tap & Track" and it keeps track of nutrition, which is paramount for me. It tracks your weight loss if you want it to, is easy to use, tracks calories burned from exercise, and can e mail you custom reports of how your month went calorie and exercise -wise. (or any length of time, really) This is a really quick and easy way because your carry the little iPod around with you and there's a huge restaurant database. Even while hiking I can pull it out of my pocket & punch in "trailmix" and it knows what kind of trailmix I'm eating --all of my fave foods are programmed in--the ones I eat most often. It keeps me honest too, I used to hate to write down that I ate two donuts, but this system makes me look at it as part of a journey.

Jis4Judy replied to StretchyMcSteppy's response:
that sounds like an awsome app to have especially for the busy ipod users ...
thanks so much for posting this because many people may find it usefull and able to travel around with it
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 153ish maintaining Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 32 I have 4 children ages 8,9,12,and 14. I dont think I over eat! I just dont eat the right stuff :( at least thats what i make myself believe. I...More

Helpful Tips

Easy Link to the WebMD Food and Fitness Planner
To let people know how to find it, go to WebMD home page it's listed on there, but here's the easy link for you ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.