Falling off of track
LuvinTheBeautifulME posted:
Hello Everyone!
I havent written on the boards in a long time. I started last year writing regularly and sticking to changing my eating habits and lifestyle. I lost 43 pounds this time last year and I was continuing to lose. Then I lost my job last year in September and eventually gained 40 pounds back. I am now back in the 300 range, and I am sooo unhappy. All my 26/28 clothes I am back into now. Sometimes I look at myself amd feel like there is nothing I can do to get me back to the way I want to be. Is there anyone out there with some suggestions. To be honest with you, I dont have a support system and last year when I wrote regularly on the boards, I saw it helped and encourage me to eat right. I just know I need to do something before it gets out of control here. My fear is I get so heavy I will have to get the weight loss surgery and I just dont want to do that. I want to get back to the me I use to know.

CW: 320 GW: 200

jis4judy responded:
Hi lovin
I remember you from last year So sorry you had to hit a bump in the road...the thing to remember is never quit just keep plugging away at eating as healthy as possable.
Did you get another job?
I think maybe my approach might help I put my health at the top of my to do list I am the most important person and my plan is essential to keep it going ...
Now when I got breast cancer in 2007 I did not go off my plan even once .. had the operation went through radiation and stayed on plan the whole time ...because I figured out that my body needed those nutrients and it was in my best interest to keep the journey going.. thats not the same kind of bump in the road as loseing a job but it is the only bump I had ...that I thought might be a comparision...
we have to ride those bumps that pop up like a surfer on a wave ...stay on the journey no matter what ..
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 153ish maintaining Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey

StretchyMcSteppy responded:
I agree with Jisfor Judy --put your health first. My advice is to get out in the fresh air and walk, every day. I used to get up an hour earlier than usual to do this --esp in summer . It sets the tone for your whole day, you gather your thoughts meditate or pray while walking and have time to yourself. Every day vow to learn one new thing about nutrition as it applies to You. I think you're ready to get back to the real you.

blondie454u responded:
I remember you as well. Welcome back. Like Judy said just pick up where you left you off. Keep posting if that helps you. Good Luck!
Amber CW 129, SW 250. Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

jean4vr replied to blondie454u's response:
I've been here since Jan, 2010. Gotten much needed support. I don't think I could have stayed with the changes needed without the board's support.

I hope you are doing ok, now. Post often it helps.

Sounds like you are REALLY ready to make a new start.

Good luck!

Marci320 responded:
I've been here since January, 2010 also and I don't know what I would have done without the advice, support, and encouragement I've received on this board and the 100 board. This is a great place to be, so I am glad you are back and I wish you the best on your journey. Hope to see you around often!

Marci

fedupagain replied to Marci320's response:
I am very happy that you decided to come back here. I had so many bumps on tha road in those past 2 years and if it wasnt for all these wonderfull girls here i would not be doing this good today. We all in it together, we understand each other. I am sure that with the support from this board it will be much easier to continue with your quest:) to lose weight. And dont worry about the bad days-we also offer a shoulder to cry on:)
Welcome back
Mia 5'9, SW260'ish/CW179/GW 155-160, mommy of 3 and 6 yo girls

LuvinTheBeautifulME responded:
Thank you all for your words of encouragement! I am even more motivated to continue my journey. I look forward to posting my end of the week progress!

jis4judy replied to LuvinTheBeautifulME's response:
thats great I am so glad you feel more motivated thats what we are here for
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 153ish maintaining Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey