Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Ode to the scale
Jis4Judy posted:
a fun poem I found on an old post in the Diet mafia posted originally by jennathemighty Ode to the scale You rotton piece of metal junk How I hate thee so Your gauge is faulty, your springs undone Out the window you should go I seem to have lost a lot practically overnight You beautifully perceptive device You're right of course, that must be so The engineers made you right I can't have gained this much practcially overnight You defective piece of crap You were created as a joke, surely Your designer is a sap It's a crime you don't get more respect You do have your uses If I want a mood swing on I go To jump in glee or blow one of my fuses
SW 247 CW 153ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey

fedupagain responded:
haha feelings about my scale exactly!
Mia 5'9, SW260'ish/CW179/GW 155-160, mommy of 3 and 6 yo girls

blondie454u responded:
That's exactly how I feel about mine too.
Amber CW 129-132 maintaining, SW 250. Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

jean4vr replied to blondie454u's response:
Thanks for sharing,

You must have been peeking at my "stack" for my road trip from MI to UT. I found one of my 3 scales to actually take on this trip.

Call me crazy, but I don't want to be without one for 2 weeks (may be longer). I know that clothing cn be a good indicator of weight changes but I don't feel comfortable letting that be a guide for this long time. I had a scale when I was in FL in May and that really helped not get too much out of control.

Definitely a love/hate relationship with THE scale!!!

BTW, where we are staying my dh's bro"s wife had a lap band about 2 yrs ago and I wonder how she is doing with her weight. My dh NEVER asks his bro about that. BUT i do know that she has had to go for an emergency treatment for problems with the band.

I just want to keep my healthy changes going.

BarbJean

ps I just thought of this, if a scale could talk it would probaly say "Don't shoot the messenger". I bet people probably have taken pot shots at it!!LOL

pallzy replied to jean4vr's response:
lol... I'm pretty sure I've kicked mine before....
5'11 SW 275/GW 160/CW 162

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a stay at home mom of 2 wonderful boys ages 4 and 13. I have struggled with my weight and eating disorders all of my life. I have been too thin ...More

Helpful Tips

Getting the most out of oatmeal
As an oatmeal fan, I was surprised to find that instant oatmeal didn't stick with me the way rolled oats did. When I switched back to ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.