Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
had to take my lil one to ER
fedupagain posted:
she ate some of those-bittersweet nightshade berries and they are fatal by all means! then my older tells me-she spit them all out. But i could not get an answer-my lil one said-mom i ate that little tomato in the back yard!!!?? so we went and we spend 7 hr in ER on a monitor. I am so exausted just from the tension, i did not eat since this morning. Just got home-she is fine-looks like she did spit them out and now i am ready to kill my husband for not getting rid off all of those weeds in the back of my yard, my yard is more like a small park but still-he is responsible to keep it clean! And i am so ashamed to admit that first thing i did when we got back home was -i went straight for my fridge! there was nothing there really so i ended up eating a toast with some cream cheese on it and some sunflower seeds. did i mentioned that i got home just before 11pm?and i still have to watch her till next morning just in case-yeah right like they had to tell me-i am going to be awake watching her till tomorrow noon!
Mia 5'9, SW260'ish/CW179/GW 155-160, mommy of 3 and 6 yo girls

blondie454u responded:
Oh Mia, I am so sorry that you had to go through with all that. I hope she will be ok. Hopefully after the wait is over you can rest and get some good food down you so you won't be so stressed. Keep us posted how she is doing and how you are doing ok?
Amber CW 129-132 maintaining, SW 250. Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Jis4Judy responded:
Oh gosh mia that is scary as hell... we had a nasty thorny bush in the back yard for years that if it scratched you your skin would be swollen and painful for a few days . it took me a few nasty scatches before my DH got rid of that nasty bush ... I tried to kill it with herbicide a liquid weed killer .. and it allways grew back ...he had to dig it out by the roots..I think they call it a liveing fence bush I am not sure about those berries we have weeds with what looks like berries too growing in the woods across the street... I hope all turns out well for you and the little one...
soon you can rest maybe...
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 153ish maintaining Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey

fedupagain replied to Jis4Judy's response:
Thank you Amber and Judy-she slept fine and she is fine today. I have a headache of a century though:) I read up more on those berries-they are all over the country-the reason why there are not many fatal cases reported is that they are bitter and kids spit them out (unless they swallow them whole!) and animals dont like the smell of it. What a horrible view it is to see your baby in a hospital bed.....Still they are tiny and only a dozen could kill a child.I am waiting for my headache to go away so i can exercise a little and I need to buy some good weed killer!

Louise_WebMD_Staff responded:
Oh no! I am so sorry about the scare!

Marci320 replied to Louise_WebMD_Staff's response:
I feel for you, Mia. Thank God she is okay though. When my son was growing up it seemed we lived in the ER for one reason or another and it definitely is not fun. I hope you can get some rest and relief from the headache. Hugs to ya

fedupagain replied to Marci320's response:
thank you guys-i know that i am looking at long years to come to spend in ER, headaches and all......

pallzy replied to fedupagain's response:
Glad to hear she's alright. Sounds like quite the scare though. Maybe now the DH will get the backyard cleared of the berries.
5'11 SW 275/GW 160/CW 159

fedupagain replied to pallzy's response:
we got the weed poison all over anything that wasnt my flowers or pumpkin or watermelon vines. I think we will not see any grass till next year:)

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a 37 year old mother of two. Very much want to lose around 50 pounds to be healthy. I have tried everything out there and I feel like I just keep...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 28 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.