Skip to content
August Roll Call
Louise_WebMD_Staff posted:
Say hello. Share your name or what you want us to call you, your goal for this week, this month and an ultimate goal and the best thing about August!

jis4judy responded:
Hi Louise My name I go by is Judy
my main goal for this month will be stay the course and be aware of what I am eating ,,,
the best thing about August is this year for me my daughter in law and grandaughter will pay new england another visit ..
also it is tomato harvest time around here

this past weekend was total indulgence went out for dinner frieday night my son was in town for a meeting so we went out with him for lobster it was super yummy..
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 153ish maintaining Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey

fedupagain replied to jis4judy's response:
Hi, my name is Mia and my goal is to get in the low 170s. I also need to cut down or my sunday's overeating. I did not do well this past weekend but i will plan to manage this next one much better.
Mia 5'9, SW260'ish/CW178/GW 155-160, mommy of 3 and 6 yo girls

pallzy replied to fedupagain's response:
My name is Sheryl. I have recently hit my goal weight, so my plan is to figure out how to stay there. I've been doing well so far. 3 weeks - same weight. My husband and I are going to the Sturgis Bike Week next week and I'll have 5 days away from my food. So I need to do as well as I can with what I'll have.
5'11 SW 275/GW 160/CW 159

blondie454u responded:
Hello my name is Amber. My goal is to stay away from bad food. I have been doing a lot better so hopefully I can continue doing so. The best thing about August for me is that my sis is in from England and school starts in 2 weeks here.

Sheryl,

I have some friends going to Sturgis as well. I wanted to go but couldn't get the time off for it. I am going to try to go next year.
Amber CW 129-132 maintaining, SW 250. Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

CygnusWomyn replied to blondie454u's response:
Hi my name is Cygnus. My goal this week is to hit the gym 6 out of 7 days and keep eating at my tracked calorie amount even though that seems high. My goal for this month is a 6 lb loss. My ultimate goal is to get to 198 lbs and then re-assess my goals.
I love August because I am a Leo sun and a Sagittarius rising which makes me a fiery double sun sign and this is the time of year when I am happiest, strongest and most content.

Marci320 replied to CygnusWomyn's response:
Hi, I'm Marci, and I usually post more at the 100 Community but visit here occasionally and love the people I've met here. Believe it or not, I really don't have a particular goal this month other than staying on track with my diet and exercise. I also don't have anything special going on in August. Man, I'm boring! LOL

annie27831 responded:
my name is Annie, my goal this month is to really start to focus on me and what im eating (food journaling ) and then really start incorperating exersize in this month. I am using the exersize on demand on tv for the 10 min am/pm work outs. i figure its a good start.
The only exciting thing this month is im taking my 9 month old baby to the county fair for the first time avoiding as much food as possible while there. and also it is my godson/nephews 11th birthday this month
ANNIE SW/225 GW/150

justmejust responded:
Hello, my name is Laura and my goal for this week is to lose one pound and my goal for the month is to lose one pound each week and my ultimate goal is to reach goal weight of 145 pounds for a healthier more nutrition filled body. Best thing about August is the beautiful sun that lights up the environment.
My story is I need to loose eighty pounds. SW 225 / GW 145 / CW 221 Laura

Spotlight: Member Stories

Very busy single mother of 2 boys 16 and 11. Pl us I am owned by my 2 "fur kids" Rocky and Simi. Tired of being overweight and hating myself...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
64 of 79 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.