Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
New here!
Morgan_O10 posted:
Hey gang, I'm new to this board. I used to be a very active member on WebMD message boards when trying to conceive my son, but after getting pregnant I never got back on until recently...they have changed so much, hopefully I'm posting this right.
Here's my info: My name is Morgan and I have an 18 month old son. I've always been a bigger girl....but after getting pregnant I have gained about 60+ lbs in 2 years....embarrassing!!
Diabetes and Heart Disease run in my family horribly, and being a new mom I just want to take better care of myself...I want to live a long life so I can be there for my son for as many years as possible.
As he gets older he will have friends and I don't want him to be ashamed of his mother, I want to be a cute, healthy, sexy momma! But, in order to do that I need to lose around 100 lbs, that overwhelms me. 100 pounds is ALOT, and I know it's going to take a good year or longer to lose the weight. I'm hoping to find some weight loss buddies in my same situation...I feel having a "buddy" really motivates me more.
So here I am!! :)

Jis4Judy responded:
Hi Morgan welcome aboard
one thing that helps os not to think of it as 100 pounds . try to think of loseing 10 pounds at a time 10 times.. sounds a little easier doesn;t it?

You can do this it may take a while but the slower it goes the more time you get to spend on retraining your brain the part that is responsible for the craveings and over eating ,, you have to find other ways to deal with the stresses of life and any other emotion that pushes you toward unhealthy foods..

I knew It was gonna take a while to lose my almost 100 pounds
so I weighed in once a month ... if I stayed on plan I allways saw good news on that scale..

if we can help in any way just ask
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 153ish maintaining Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey

blondie454u responded:
Hello and welcome aboard. Judy has already given you some great advice. Like she said if you need help or just want to vent just post away. Good luck!
Amber CW 129-132 maintaining, SW 250. Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

pallzy replied to blondie454u's response:
Just wanted to add my welcome. It truly is easier to set smaller goals. You'll get that feeling of accomplishment every ten pounds instead of the look how far I still have to go. It can help keep you going.

Sheryl
5'11 SW 275/GW 160/CW 159

Louise_WebMD_Staff responded:
Welcome Morgan. You are doing a great job posting and I love your inspiration.

Remember you don't need to lose all 100 lbs at once. Just one tiny step at a time. Focus on the lifestyle changes that you need to make not only to lose the weight but set a good example for your son as he starts his relationship to food.

fedupagain replied to Louise_WebMD_Staff's response:
Hi Morgan , glad you here. We all have been there-100 lbs ago:) It is a slow and steady process. I lost 80 lbs so far-it took me 2 years I still have 20 more to go. And i do set small goals for myself-5lbs at the time. Congratulation on your baby. I myself gained over 100 lbs with my 2 kids. I know it is terrible but what happened happened and now its time to get back in shape:)
Mia 5'9, SW260'ish/CW178/GW 155-160, mommy of 3 and 6 yo girls

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello family, I am a 49 a perosn who can't control of eating, exspiecally when I"m depress. I have been going through some problems in the la...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.