Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Starting to become complacent
AllMe3 posted:
Good Morning!

I started the bariatric exchange, but there are only a handful of people there so I thought I would introduce myself here. My name is Heather and I started this WL journey on 1016/09. I had gastric banding done on 4/8/10 and am currently at 226. Down from 259. I am at restriction, but I find that stress and life are taking it's toll on me and I am eating a lot of slider foods. I know that my weight loss has stalled and I can't seem to get out of this funk.

I hate the toll that emotional eating has taken on my life. It sucks! I want to break free from it, but I honestly don't know how.

So, here I am

Hugs,
Heather
SW 259/CW 226/GW 150ish

jis4judy responded:
Hi Heather
It is shame that the doctors doing weight loss surgery don;t address this emotional side of this issue .. No matter what diet you follow or surgery you get that emotional issue can ruin it for us every time..
The key is remembering to question ourselves about why we are eating and recogniseing the emotion and dealing with the stress or emotion without resorting to food this is the only way to handle this problem find another way to deal like take a walk instead ... face the emotions and have a cry instead of feeding it.
I do know no matter how hard we try to break old habits they do occasionally resurface from time to time the key is limit the intake of trigger foods and try to keep them out of the house if you don;t have it around you cannot eat it I know you are probably not exatly like us but the emotional connection is the same ...
I like to say we don;t break those old habits we have just soothed them to sleep try not to wake them ...
I di remove 97 pounds 7years ago the old fashioned way food changes and exercise,,,I have been maintaining for a little over 6 years. that where it gets hard for me ..limiting my exposure to trigger foods is and has been my plan since the begining.
good luck and welcome
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 153ish maintaining Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey

pallzy responded:
Welcome Heather. We may be taking different roads, but we are all here trying to remove our excess weight.

As far as the emotional eating, that part is hard. I still find myself doing it on occassion. For me the trick is not having the unhealthy food in the house to go crazy on. So, when I can't seem to stop myself, I pig out on veggies instead of ice cream. It helps. I also find that trying to distract myself helps.
5'11 SW 275/GW 160/CW 159

blondie454u responded:
Welcome aboard. You have already gotten some great advice and it works, you just to live by it and change your lifestyle. It will take time and you will fail but the key is too pick up where you left off and don't give up. Keep going. It's worth it and we are here to help you along the way. Good luck!
Amber CW 129-132 maintaining, SW 250. Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 21 years old and have begun my fight to get healthy and thin in January. I have lost a small amount of weight since then and I am hoping to lose ...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.