Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Confessions of a Binger
didi_buttonsley posted:

Yesterday I drank too much rum with a gal pal, and as a result was nursing one hell of a hangover today. Ever notice how a hangover puts sensible eating in the back seat? Healthy food choices are bound and gagged and tossed in the trunk, and Chinese take-out can come up here and sit by me. The fried dumplings are riding shotgun today, salad and sprouts, sorry.

I am moving to Florida in a day or two, so I figured a late night with some friends and a couple bottles of rum wouldn't be too bad of an idea. And it really wasn't too bad of an idea until I had to wake up today with a crippling headache and a queasy stomach.
It is a good thing that I am moving to Florida to go to school. You see, I am from Wisconsin. I love the Midwest with every fiber of my being, but I believe it is currently detrimental to my health. Wisconsin is my heart, and my heart is dripping with cheese and New Glarus beer. Can I rationally blame my weight problems on the state that I live in? Meh, why not?
I will be living in Florida for three years while attending a midwifery college. Three years is long enough for me to wash the Wisconsin out of my hair. I plan on spending as much time as possible sprawled on a beach and getting a really mean tan. The house I'll be living in has a pool, and I already have a membership at Anytime Fitness which has two new locations within a couple of miles of home. Can you say "one way ticket to Svelteville" five times fast?
I have no desire to be a skinny girl, but I am on a quest to fit into all my old size 12 clothing. I was smoking hot as a size 12, but I was too young and too big of a twit to realize it. I know of some attractive skinny girls, but I still think I have a better butt and nicer hips. I think I'd like to be a size ten, but I don't know how feasible that is. I come from the dairy state, after all. Cheese and I have a close personal relationship, and I have a weakness for finely brewed porter's and I.P.A's.
I guess admitting to getting all drinky and eating Chinese food might not be the best way to start things off on this site, but I gotta keep it honest. At least I didn't eat til I was stuffed. And I fed the extra dumpling and half of my eggroll to my dog. Baby steps, baby steps, baby steps. I feel thinner already.

Take the Poll

If you moved out of state and away from all of your friends would it possibly make weight loss easier?
  • Yes. Sometimes I let loved ones hold me back from my goals!
  • Maybe. It could be easier breaking bad habits with a fresh start
  • No. I can find a buffet table in all fifty states.
  • Unsure.
vote
View Poll Results

Jis4Judy responded:
hello and welcome
your binge is over and you get to make a fresh start
it will be helpful to make a memory of how bad you feel after the indulgence ...headache etc. then before you take another step in that direction call apon the memory and make an informed decsion... if you really want weight reduvtion then you will make better decisions day after day hour after hour even minute to minute ...
I am tea totaller non drinker so I don;;t have problems with
the rum area mine is usually sweets and sweets don't make me ill or hung over so I have to look at them as artery clogging menaces,,
Good luck on your journey both to a new sate and a healthy lifestyle...

Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 153ish maintaining Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey

blondie454u responded:
In my opinion and again this just my opinion. You do what works for you but you have to find what is causing the binges so you can make those small steps toward making a better you. I don't think making a big change such has moving all the way to Florida is going to help unless you find what the cause is besides just the love for cheese. All states have cheese and different varieties of cheeses. All states have Chinese food. All states have liquor. These are just my opinions and I do know from experience because I too suffer from binge eating now and again.
Amber CW 129-132 maintaining, SW 250. Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a Mom of two, grandmamee of three. Need friends to take this challenging journey with. Thanks for being there.

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.