Skip to content
Motivation Needed
curvy_liya posted:
I haven't been to the gym in 3 days I've been way too exhausted and annoyed to go. I need to get back on track again but I feel like I have no hope :(. I have never actually lost weight in the past mainly because I am convinced I never will I guess I just need the extra push.

Jis4Judy responded:
Hi I hear you I felt like it was hopeless for me to lose any weight too so I did what I could do that was change my eating habits for the imoproved health benifits .. the results when I changed my goal from weight loss to better health helped a lot and the weight loss was a great side benifit of healthy eating and exercise ...
How long have you been on your plan ? it just might be time to rest if it has been a while ...
5 days a week is enough to exercise for approx 45 minutes

I take about 2 days a week off of intentional exercise.
You maybe exhausted because you are trying too hard
what have you been doing ?
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 153ish maintaining Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey

Louise_WebMD_Staff responded:
First thing you need to do is change your mind about your ability to take off the weight. I highly, HIGHLY, recommend you read this post from Dr. Pam Peeke about "For Lasting Change, Start with a Power Mind"

That is the start to a great series on really getting it together to get motivated to get on track and stay on track.

blondie454u responded:
You've gotten some great advice already. I just want to say if you follow it you should start feeling motivated. Good luck and keep us posted.
Amber CW 129-132 maintaining, SW 250. Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

didi_buttonsley responded:
Are there other activities that you enjoy other than going to the gym? Maybe on some days you could take a nice long walk instead. Or even just stay at home and do a workout dvd. I like to go to the gym, but sometimes I just don't feel like going over there because it seems like too much of a chore. Instead of getting down on myself I just pick out a different physical activity to do for the day. I walk my dog, do pilates or yoga, or occasionally call up a friend so that we can do some mall walking- whatever it takes to get me moving a little bit! You do have hope, and there are lots of people here who will support you. Just take baby steps. Don't think about what you haven't done in the last few day, focus on what you can do right now to give yourself the positive boost that you need.

jean4u replied to didi_buttonsley's response:
What are you annoyed about and what exhausts you?

The other gals had really good advice. Please keep reading the posts from the board buddies AND, like Louise suggested Dr Peeke. all of these will give you some insight to help you get started.

It is a journey.

The best advice I took, was to make small changes. Like drink more water. I use sugarfree things like Crystal Lite. And walk more. I have lost weight and it has been slow. This is ok with me.

I hope you will keep posting.

curvy_liya replied to jean4u's response:
I was doing circuit training like 2-4 times a week but I had the tendency to stop going for a week or two and then restart which wasn't getting me anywhere and then I stopped completely so I decided to just go for cardio as much as I can for abour 45mins for now but I am trying to increase to about an hour. Hopefully once I get into it I'll be able to to actually go through routine training regularly.

Louise_WebMD_Staff responded:
This might help as well: The Discipline-Weight Connection .

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi It's me-Miamama2 i had trouble with my password and had to create a whole new name but anyway-here is my story-I'm so ashamed to admit but...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.