Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
100 Pounds Gone!
Marci320 posted:
I just wanted to take a minute to thank Judy and Amber (I already thanked Louise and some of the others on the 100+ Board) for all of their advice and encouragement that helped me to lose 100 pounds since January. You know that you both could have gotten to your goal weights and not stuck around here to help us all, but you did, and I'm grateful for that. I have 50 more pounds to go but I know I can do it and that you all will be around to help me when I fall.

Marci
FirstPrevious12NextLast

Jis4Judy responded:
Oh Marci thats so awsome 100 pounds gone never to come back ,,,,I am so happy for you ...I love it when someone gets some help from whatever I post ..I am no expert but love it anyway ... we will stick around to give encouragement through the next 50 you are rocking and rolling with success
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 153ish maintaining Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey

blondie454u responded:
Marci,

I am so glad I could be of help. Congrats! so doing the happy dance for you. I'm like Judy, I love it when I can help others even though I am no expert. This also helps keep going with my journey so we are helping each other.
Amber CW 129-132 maintaining, SW 250. Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Marci320 replied to blondie454u's response:
Thank you so much! You really are both inspirations to me and I do hope I conveyed how much I appreciate your staying here to help those of out who still have a long way to go before reaching our goals.

Big hugs to you!

Marci

pallzy replied to Marci320's response:
Marci - that's so great!!! You're amazing.

Sheryl
5'11 SW 275/GW 160/CW 159

jean4u replied to pallzy's response:
SHERYL,

YAAY, Hi!! I knew you were out there.

That MARCI sure is something!!

I feel a group hug coming on.

Thanks, I need that!

Barb Jean

P.S. Sheryl, I made my Labor Day goal to lose 3 lbs. It was up/downsville. But becase of that challenge I got back on track. Thanks!

kml8238 replied to jean4u's response:
hi my names karen and that is some inspiration!
thank you!
just what i needed

Marci320 replied to kml8238's response:
Sheryl!

Welcome back from vacation! How was it? Just so you know, I thanked you on the 100 board because you were one of my early inspirations there. Barb--I'll participate in a group hug with you and the others here anytime! Hope you are having a good Labor Day. And welcome, Karen, hope you have a great weekend as well!

justmejust responded:
Marci, how long did it take you to loose 100 pounds?
Laura- GW 145 / CW 218- Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

Marci320 replied to justmejust's response:
Hi Laura,

It took me around 9 months--I started at 323 lbs. on 1-6-10. I've been told the next 50 or so pounds I want to lose are going to come off much more slowly but my goal at this point is just to be healthy and active, so I'll wait!

Marci

mmarino513 replied to Marci320's response:
Congrats!!!

justmejust replied to Marci320's response:
Congratulations Marci! That is awesome, you are amazing! I've pretty much lost 5-10 pounds in that same amount of time. Marci, you will be passing me up, to the finish line! I have to accept that somehow...

Keep up the good work. You are inspirational and show me it can be done. How many calories a day do you have? What is your exercise routine? What do your meals and snacks consist of?

I do want to lose slow for some reason, perhaps I am not disciplined, or afraid of failure, or loose skin. My goal is two pounds each month, need to lose about 70, so for me it will be a few years...
Laura- GW 145 / CW 218 Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection

Thanks, mmarino, and Laura!

Laura, I think the reason I lost weight quickly is because of where I started out. Now that I'm in the low 200's rather than over 300, I've been told the weight will come off much slower. I'm not really concerned about losing quickly either though--I'm more interested in making this a lifestyle change, because the bigger task will be maintaining the weight loss once I'm at my goal.

If you want to see what I eat and my exercise, I post my diet and exercise every single day on the 100 Board, whether I go off my plan or not, to keep myself accountable. It is best to weigh every little thing that goes into your mouth because you'd be surprised how fast calories add up! I usually eat between 1,200 and 1,300 calories a day, and always eat ice cream for dessert. I exercise 6-7 days a week for at least an hour a day. It is difficult to find the time some days but I have to make it a priority. I also mix up exercise and try new things so I don't get bored. My favorite exercises are salsa dancing, and Zumba classes but I also do circuit training, rowing machine, treadmill, and elliptical at the gym.

That's about it! You know, whether you lose 2 pounds a month or 2 pounds a week, the weight is coming off, rather than going on. We can both do this!

justmejust replied to Marci320's response:
Thanks Marci, I checked out 9/5-9/11. ( I could not find any postings before that.) I think I eat quite a bit more than that by at least a third, so it is gonna take some work for me to get to that reduced calorie level. How did you start out? Was it a smooth transition to fewer daily calories? Were you hungry?
Laura- GW 145 / CW 218 Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection

I've just always eaten the amount that the WebMD Food & Fitness Planner recommended when I put in my height and weight, level of activity (I started out at sedentary because I didn't exercise much) and said I wanted to lose 2 pounds a week. When I started out, I weighed much more so I was able to eat more. Now the recommended calories are 1,200 per day, but I rarely eat just 1,200 calories, more like between 1,200 and 1,400. I don't recall having any hunger issues. I'm pretty routine about when I eat--breakfast is anywhere between 7:30 and 8:30, morning snack is around 11-11:30, lunch is 1:30-2:00, if I have an afternoon snack it is because I'm going to the gym and I'll have that around 4pm and then dinner whenever I get back from the gym. I eat ice cream every night around 9:30-10, or whenever I get home from activities I have all week. Weekends are kind of anything goes because the schedule changes from week to week. I think you just have keep adjusting things until you are losing weight at a rate you are happy with.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 70 --- being DX in 2004 (at age 63) with Wegener's Granulomatosis -A Vasculitis auto immune disease affecting many organs --in my case the lu...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.