Skip to content
Welcome Andie!
Louise_WebMD_Staff posted:
As those of you who also haunt the Diet Community know, I will be letting go of my WebMD communities on 9/24.

On this community, you are lucky to have Andie joining you. She has taken over the diet community already. For the next two weeks, she will shadow me here.

Please welcome her and Andie, if you will, introduce yourself.

jis4judy responded:
aha so we do get Andie thats nice welcome Andie
and again louise I am sorry to see you leave us drop in once in a while after maybe as a member ?
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 153ish maintaining Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey

justmejust responded:
Louise, where are you going?
Laura- GW 145 / CW 218 Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection

Andie_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Everyone!

I'm so happy to be joining your community and I'm really looking forward to getting to know everyone better!

Louise, thank you so much for all your help, the mentorship on the diet communities, and for the pleasure it has been getting to know you better! You MUST stay in touch with all of us!

For those of you that I haven't already met (and even if I have), I will share a little bit about me.

I grew up dreading any type of fitness and made food my best friend. Oh, we had a verrrrry friendly relationship. To the point that I was over 200 lbs by the time I was in high school. It's no fun being the fat chick in high school, is it?

Now, I'm a single mom in her 40's raising four kids. I've gained, lost, and gained back again 80-100lbs 3 times in my life. Blame it on pregnancies or blame it on my sneak eating ...I just couldn't seem to keep it off for more than 5 or 6 years.

I wanted to exercise, but I was self-conscious of what others would think or say about me. I know...silly, right?

Not that silly, apparently. I've lost 50 lbs since January when I started a fitness group in my neighborhood exclusively for women 25 lbs overweight. I had an overwhelming response from other ladies with same fitness fears I had.

It's been one year and we've had a great time getting to know each other on walks, zumba classes, water aerobics, and even some sand volleyball. I still have 60 more pounds I'd like to lose, so I will love hearing all your tips and sharing successes with all of you!

Have you ever let what others might think about you keep you from exercising? Would love to hear your story

~Andie

Louise_WebMD_Staff replied to jis4judy's response:
Maybe Judy! I will let Andie stretch her wings a little first, nothing like feeling the old mod is looking over your shoulder.

blondie454u replied to Andie_WebMD_Staff's response:
Louise,

I hate to see you go.

Andie,

Welcome. I too was the fat chick in highschool so I know where you are coming from. I have reached my goal weight just a few months ago but I have had a lot of stress in my life and I have had a problem with binge eating. I have never really had this problem. Before when I was stressed I wouldn't eat. How strange it goes the opposite when I am skinny now. Anyways I think I have it under control now but we will see. Also on the exercising thing you had mentioned. I too had the same issue. I cared what others thought so it would keep me from exercising but it was just another excuse for me to be lazy but I woke up one day and changed my mind. Good luck to you.
Amber CW 129-132 maintaining, SW 250. Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

mmarino513 replied to Andie_WebMD_Staff's response:
Welcome Andie!!

Andie_WebMD_Staff replied to blondie454u's response:
Thanks Amber!

Ugh....emotional eating has always been my downfall, too. I would eat when I was sad, eat when I was angry, lonely, frustrated and then celebrate by eating.

I agree, it's all excuses that keep us overweight. I like the example that I heard recently on the Diet Community...our excuses are our prison. That is a wake up call I wish we all heard loud and clear.

Congratulations to you on your success! You are such an inspiration.

Andie_WebMD_Staff replied to Louise_WebMD_Staff's response:
Louise, you are always so welcome to come back here any time and look over my shoulder! As a matter of fact...if you don't, you may find me hunting you down to look over yours!

blondie454u replied to Andie_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thanks Andie. So far this week I haven't binge yet but I have had a couple of things that maybe I should like my new boyfriend bought me chinese food and made me a picnic in the living room so of course I couldn't say no it was too sweet. I only ate until I was satisfied though. I did have a cupcake also this week but what I am trying to do is not really complete cold turkey just make sure I go back and only change one or two things week like I am first starting out cause I think what was happening on the days I was good I had stopped cold turkey and then I would get frustrated and give up so I am going to try it like a newby to see if that helps.
Amber CW 129-132 maintaining, SW 250. Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

SMCarter137 replied to Andie_WebMD_Staff's response:
Welcome Andie!

jean4u replied to SMCarter137's response:
Hi Andie!

Excuses can be our prison. Fortunately we can change and build the habits that make us stronger to avoid these past behaviors.

Barb Jean

Louise_WebMD_Staff replied to justmejust's response:
Just going to stretch my wings and find something new to love...I don't know where I will land just yet.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi there! I've been working on my weight and moving toward a healthier lifestyle for the past few years. I'm raising my two kids on my own, a...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.