Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
hello Ladies
Jis4Judy posted:
I have been rather busy today my usual walking did tons of laundy and made chicken broth from scratch today it will get frozen to use when the weather gets cold love hot home made soup..
I hope you all had a great weekend and are on your journeys full force today
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 153ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey

FirstPrevious12NextLast

blondie454u responded:
Sounds yummy. Wish you could pass some through the computer lol. My weekend was ok. Just stay so busy seems like I have no time just to relax.
Amber CW 129-132 maintaining, SW 250. Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

jean4u replied to blondie454u's response:
Judy, you are an inspiration.....you "bundle" of energy!!

I love coming here and reading the posts to get & keep me on track.

Gals, we can make this day count!

Barb Jean

Jis4Judy replied to blondie454u's response:
well Amber I had a busy day I was so tired after though
I am glad today is my 1 day a week with zero intentional exercise shopping all morning will do some houshold chores this afternoon..
that chicken stock I made sure smelled good ..if you lived closer I would send you over a nice big container of it ..
I am so used to home made soup that the canned kind tastes like pure salt to me and it is awfull...
It is worth the extra effort to make it ...especially because my DH has High Blood pressure... so it is good for both of us...
SW 247 CW 153ish maintaining Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey

Jis4Judy replied to jean4u's response:
I did feel more energetic yesterday so maybe the key is to have a day planned to be busy... I didn;t run out of steam till it was bed time ...
today Is my "rest" day no intentional exercise just more household chores..
I am still hanging onto those 2 pounds that come and go one week they are gone then back again I think it isn;t really weight gain just normal fluctuations . I am not gonna worry about it ,,
as long as my health keeps improveing I have no other worries ..
I am glad yo get something from the posts because I do the same thing it helps keep me honest with myself..
SW 247 CW 153ish maintaining Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey

blondie454u replied to Jis4Judy's response:
I bet it smells yummy. I make some every now and then when I have the time. I have the same attitude about my slip up that I have as long as I am trying to correct my bad eating habits again and get back to exercising and being healthy I am not going to worry about the weight as long as I am not gaining any more.
Amber CW 129-132 maintaining, SW 250. Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Louise_WebMD_Staff responded:
How do you make your chicken broth? Mine comes out too watery or too oniony.

Jis4Judy replied to Louise_WebMD_Staff's response:
Hi Louise I save all the necks backs and gizards from the whole chickens I buy and cut up over time these things fill up the freezer. so I use them to make stock then broth,,
I start with celery onion s garlic and carrots
I sweat the vegies in some canola oil olive oil till you can smell them all ..
add filtered water and the backs and necks of about 10 or more chickens the water is one inch over the top of all that stuf and I simmer it a few hours the first part takes about 3 hours simmering I strain it add more chicken parts and cook them in the stock for about an hour or 2 at a slow simmer
more straining and put into containers in fridg the next day i take all the fat off it comes to the top //
and this is what I called super stock Oh before I forget I add in to first part left overs from vegies like spinach stems and bottom to asparagus etc

I cook a few chicken legs in this super stock and it becoms broth .. remove the legs when cooked you can use this to cook some carrots celery and add the chopped chicken legs after the celery and carrots are cooked you may have to skim the fat off again after it cools in the fridg ... You can do this before you cook the carrots and celery in it makes it better you can also add rice or noodles to this
this a is a long proccess but I think it is worth it ..

Jis4Judy replied to Jis4Judy's response:
Oh crap I forgot the bay leaves they are important and I spinkle garlic powder in it and sometimes celery flakes

Louise_WebMD_Staff replied to Jis4Judy's response:
Ah ha, I never keep the necks and gizzards. I usually make stock out of just the carcass. Making a note to keep them instead of feed them to the critters outside.

Jis4Judy replied to Louise_WebMD_Staff's response:
louise just don;t use the liver I toss that part

beachgg replied to Jis4Judy's response:
Oh Judy-
Sorry I called u Jean when posting today--I was actually asking for the link to the fit what ever it was called--- I had it in my computer btu dumped it a while ago --do not remember the correct name-- appreciate it if u still have it--
Thanks
SLIM HUGS BEACH GREAT GRAM

Jis4Judy replied to beachgg's response:
Ok I think you meen fitday here is the link
http://www.fitday.com/

Here is another link to a place I found very helpful

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/healthy-diet/NU00200

beachgg replied to Jis4Judy's response:
Judy
I have spent some time putting my foods back into fitday so I should be able to start using it-- I usually eat pretty much the same things---once I have a good variety I can begin to use it--- then how do u put it in here ????
I am clueless when it comes to this stuff-
SLIM HUGS BEACH GREAT GRAM

Jis4Judy replied to beachgg's response:
Hi after you enter some foods you use
all you do is click on recent foods and check the boxes of things you ate again and after it is in your log you can change the amount if needed is that what you meen ? If you want to post your fitday link all you do is go to the profile area in fitday and make it public they will show a link and you can copy it and paste it in a post
I hope I understood what you were asking

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a wife and mother, 59, who works for her self-employed husband. At 229 pounds, I am 99 lbs. overweight and have been for 20 years. In fact, at my...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.