Skip to content
What's up with me
pallzy posted:
Sorry I haven't been around lately. Vacation was great. Did really good on my food - even though the plan my husband and I put together didn't happen. We were supposed to go grocery shopping when we got there and cookout most nights with another couple that were up there. Instead he wanted to eat out every meal. I did "steal" the bike long enough to make it to a grocery store and get some fruit and veggies to munch on when we were at camp. But managed to come back without gaining any weight.

The rough part happened after we got home. I ended up losing my job after a couple of days back to work. They decided to restructure my office which put me right out of a job. After just shy of ten years. So now all my time on the computer is spend looking for work. Which totally sucks. By the time I've spend hours sending out resumes and scouring all the job boards, I have no desire to be on the computer anymore. So I haven't really been here very much at all. And all the stress is causing some really poor food choices. So far, I haven't gained any of my weight back, but I think that's pure luck.

Anyway... I will try to get better at posting again.

Sheryl
5'11  SW 275/GW 160/CW 159
FirstPrevious12NextLast

jean4u responded:
Hi Sheryl,

Glad to hear your "voice', missed you. Good that you are not turning to food for "comfort". I know that can really be tempting. Loss of a job can be really frustrating. Just know it is one of those things that you had no control over. Hunting for a new one is hard, too in this economy. Make sure you apply for unemployment benefits.

Good that your vacation went well. Cool, too that you didn't gain weight, either, WTG GIRL!!!!

Barb Jean

Jis4Judy responded:
Hi sheryl
I am so sorry you got laid off from a 10 year job
that has to hurt ..
good job not turning to food for comfort ..
Look real hard at your expenses right now and refuse to buy or keep things that you can do without ..
like Barb Jean said be sure to apply for unemployment ..
that can help while you job hunt there are a lot of service jobs that pay less out there ...
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 153ish maintaining Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey

blondie454u responded:
Sheryl,

Glad to see you are still around. Good for you for managing your weight. I have been under some stress as well. I know what you mean about not wanting to be on the computer. I work all night on them and then I come home and look for jobs myself so I can have more of an income. The job I have now has no incentives. I have been here for almost 4yrs and I have never had a pay raise. I don't get any bonuses of any kind and there is no where to move up to. I know I should just be glad I have a job but at the sametime I can't even afford to live with the job I have so it is still stressful. Good luck to you! As they say things get worse before they get better.
Amber CW 129-132 maintaining, SW 250. Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Louise_WebMD_Staff responded:
Youch! Comfort/stress eating. That can become a bad habit fast. I have done a lot of that lately.

Sorry about you losing your job Sheryl, especially after so long in the company.

You might want to try a 10 minutes of fun time/you time before you start your job hunting. The focus on you can help put you in the frame of mind to call the right job to you.

(Of course, when I struggled with the white box for a cover letter the other day, my 16-year-old smart-alack son said "Maybe you should work on that instead of Farmville". Everyone laughed, except me. I glowered.)

Marci320 replied to Louise_WebMD_Staff's response:
Aww, Sheryl, I'm so glad to see you back and happy you had a good vacation and no weight gain, but SO sorry about the loss of your job. I agree with what Louise said that you have to take some time to do something for you so that you aren't just looking for a job every waking minute. Also, when you get your unemployment benefits, see what jobs they may know about as well. I was unemployed a long time ago and actually got my next job through a posting at the unemployment office. In any event, I hope you can find something soon, although what Amber says is true--hard to live on what you.

Big hugs to you in the meantime, and even if you hate the computer because of the job search, come here for some support once in a while.

On another note--Louise, come be my Farmville friend! My 19 year old son teases me about it, but it is mindless fun when I need a break.

Louise_WebMD_Staff replied to Marci320's response:
Darn I will have to see if I can find you on there after I leave WebMD. I can always use a new neighbor (especially if you grow stuff I need for my bakery!) . I had pretty much neglected my farm for a long time but picked it up again recently.

I like Frontierville (which got me back into playing games at all--I liked the missions) and Cafe World too.

Marci320 replied to Louise_WebMD_Staff's response:
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1040946222#!/?ref=logo

Louise, here is my Facebook profile. I don't play the other games but I'll buy your baked goods if you buy my spa goods! My profile picture is the same one I have on here so you'll know for sure it is me.

justmejust replied to Marci320's response:
Hi Marci, I hope you don't mind me connecting with you on facebook? But when I tried your link, nothing happened.
Laura
Laura GW 145 / CW 215 Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection

Marci320 replied to justmejust's response:
Hi Laura,

Of course I don't mind anyone from here finding me on Facebook. I wonder what is up with the link. Please try it again: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1040946222

blondie454u replied to Marci320's response:
Anyone wants to add me as well can add me by my email blondie454u2@yahoo.com I am at work so I can do adding at the moment.
Amber CW 129-132 maintaining, SW 250. Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

justmejust replied to Marci320's response:
Hi Marci, I tried the link and this is what I get:

The page you requested was not found.
You may have clicked an expired link or mistyped the address. Some web addresses are case sensitive.
  • Return home
  • [a style="cursor: pointer; color: rgb(59, 89, 152); text-decoration: none; ">Go back to the previous page
Laura GW 145 / CW 215 Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection

irisheyes213 replied to justmejust's response:
Laura,
The second link she posted should work as it works for me. It might be something in your browser settings.

irisheyes213 replied to irisheyes213's response:
Sheryl,

That really stinks about your job situation. I hope that you find something that you like with more supportive coworks quickly. Hang in there and WTG on maintaining during this time and on your vacation.

irisheyes213 replied to irisheyes213's response:
coworks=coworkers

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 52 years old, severely asthmatic, have a leg that was once badly broken and doesn't tolerate exercise well. Because of my lung problem, I am ...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.