Introductions are always kinda hard...
SMCarter137 posted:
Hello everyone!

My name is Susan. I am 22 y/o and live in New Jersey. I decided to join this site to reach out to other's who are going through similar life changes. I hope to make some new friends, share advice, and also learn new things from all of you!

Hope to hear from you soon!

Take care. :)

Jis4Judy responded:
Hi Susan welcome aboard
we do have a collection of members of all ages
so tell us what are you currently doing to lose weight?
Most of us are on whole foods like lean meats fruit and vegies fat free dairy and whole grains.
It is helpful to measure and weigh foods to get an accuarate calorie count .. I use a site called fitday.com it is free and very helpful just use sedentary for your activity level fitday is generaous with allowed calories / so I used sedentary/
and added in my activities as I did them ..
keep us informed on how you are doing
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 153ish maintaining Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey

SMCarter137 replied to Jis4Judy's response:
Hello Judy.

I'm losing wieght bascially by doing what you said. Eating lots of fruits & vegetables, whole grains, lean meats, and low fat dairy. I also find it motivating to keep a food log on everything I eat as well. I also am going to join the gym again and go atleast 3 x's a week. As of now since the wheather has been awesome I also go for walks. I have been on the Fitday site. I also used Calorie count which they have this cool texting system which you can text them any food and get the nutrition information. It's perfect when your out and about. I also work for FoodFacts.com which you can make a profile and look up food to get nutrition information & conversional ingredients to aviod. Also we have a food scoring system so its easier to make healthier food choices. Thank you for you support and I will keep everyone updated. :)

Jis4Judy replied to SMCarter137's response:
Hi Susan , thats great you allready have a program started
to help you log foods and such ..
Keep at it and I love that you walk thats my favorite exercise
sounds like you have a good plan for you life stye change
the big thing to remember is this journey never ends it is learning proper eating habits ..
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 153ish maintaining Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey

mmarino513 responded:
Welcome Susan!!
It's time to take care of me, and love myself. One baby step at a time!

SMCarter137 replied to mmarino513's response:
Thank you :)
22 y/o 5'4 SW:226 lbs CW:205 lbs GW:145 lbs

jean4u replied to SMCarter137's response:
Hi Susan,

Welcome! I just read a post (discussion) on 100 board) about how people who use online supports actually are more successful in their weightloss. So, good that you are seeking this support.

It has helped me for the past 9 mos.

Good for you for going down 21 lbs..!! WTG Girl!

Barb Jean

Louise_WebMD_Staff responded:
Welcome Susan! We are glad to have you join us. Jump on in and tell us about yourself and about your biggest stumbling blocks, we can help with ideas.

SMCarter137 responded:
I've always been over wieght my whole life & have had high blood pressure and kidney issues since I was 13! I've tried a dozen times to lose wieght with crash dieting. It was never sucessful & I just ended up being unmotivated which led me to gain the weight back. The one time that I was sucessful was when i joined weight watchers. It was a bit confusing with adding up pionts etc. What worked was the support group. Just to hear stories about people who got off there medication etc was so inspriational to me. I stopped going and decided to do it on my own but eventually it failed. A couple months ago I started working for a website called Foodfacts.com. It really opened my eyes to what's really in your food etc. I finally have had enough of being uncomfortable in my own skin and decided to go balls to the wall with losing the wieght. Ive been doing good. I fell off the wagon a bit but then I got back on. This was one of my first stops... to find a support system to keep me motivated. Instead of this time crash dieting I decided to make a life style change and eat good wholesome foods. A couple things I have been doing is logging my weight and what I eat day to day. Using portion control & watching calories. I also excersise daily.(even if it means to park the car farther to walk or take the stairs instead of the elevator.) I joined a couple online newsletters to keep me informed and also it helps me keep motivated. A couple down falls is that I recently moved to my dad's to get back on my feet. he isn't the healthiest eater.. so seeing crap all around is hard. But ive been working on my willpower and its pretty strong. So far so good. I really think this is it.. ive been sucessful in losing weight and eating healthier. I would love to hear more suggestions on what everyone is doing that works for them.
22 y/o 5'4 SW:226 lbs CW:201 lbs GW:145 lbs