Skip to content
A couple days in.. and hitting turbulence.
SMCarter137 posted:
Hello everyone,

I've been doing so good staying on track until today.... I think it might be a combination of the weather (cloudy) and the fact that my "lady friend" will be comming anyday. :( I'm bloated cranky & tired. I feel like im going into hibernation mode... because I just want to eat everything in sight! This morning I did well with breakfast but now sitting at my desk at work.. i'm snacking. I didn't do to much damage... yet.

Anyone have any suggestions to help me get through this Friday without failing completely?
22 y/o 5'4 SW:226 lbs CW:201 lbs GW:145 lbs

Jis4Judy responded:
Hi I use self talk tell myself this is false hunger because if it was real the snack would have filled me .
It is part of our brains that is hard wired to respond to different things and present it as hunger it really isn;t hunger it is a out of whack appetite.
I dont even have a monthy visitor anymore and still get these ravenous feelings every so often what works is being aware it isn;t real hunger ...and a lot of self talk...
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 153ish maintaining Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey

SMCarter137 replied to Jis4Judy's response:
Thanks for the tip. I will def. work on it! :)

Louise_WebMD_Staff responded:
Just don't think failure. Think you are going to make a good choice. Tell yourself hormones can't control you

beachgg responded:
I like when u said " I didn't do too much damage YET--
so u can take charge again--and not feel Oh what the heck I just blew the whole day-- Hope u caught it in time--much easier to re adjust at this point--
cook up a bunch of your favorite veggies and pig out--steamed with lemon & pepper ( my favorite)
I keep frozen bags of veggies so I can grab and nuke in 3-4 minutes--
tell us what u actually did do ???
Good luck and remember SLIM PICKIN'S
SLIM HUGS BEACH GREAT GRAM

SMCarter137 replied to beachgg's response:
The hardest is part is that I live with other people who buy crapola from the store. So it's harder then when I was on my own buying my own gorceries and could control what was in my house. But I started buying my own food and lots of frozen veggies! So its been working out pretty good so far! Thanks.

justmejust replied to SMCarter137's response:
Keep up the good work! Drink water, eat the veggies and keep fiber up and it helps us resist the unhealthy foods.
Laura GW 145 / CW 215 Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 27 years old with a ten month old daughter...I have been heavyset all my life and as i got into high school my weight dropped well ive been going...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.