Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
New To Site, What To Do To Begin Weight Loss ?
TaurusDaBull posted:
New To Site, What To Do To Begin Weight Loss ? Initial Goal 50 lbs., Longterm 80 lbs. Suggestions ? Recommendations ? Resources ??

jis4judy responded:
Hi if removeing weight and keeping it off is your goal then you have to make a life style change there is no going back to old ways . so make a plan you can live with for life that includes good for you foods ... the usual lean meat fruits vegies fat free dairy
whole grains nuts in moderation .. include an occasional favorite it helps with the feeling of being deprived .. make an effort to eat proper portions ... It is helpful to weigh and measure all the meats a fruits nuts etc ,,
I am useing fitday.com to log foods and exercise I also like that I can monitor the nutrition too .
include some exercise whatever you will do thats the best exercise something you can and will do...
I walk for my primary exercise
welcome aboard keep us posted on how you are doing and remember if you don;t buy something you cannot eat it so start in the grocery store read labels stay away from proccessed foods if it has too many ingrediebts don;t buy it
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 153ish maintaining Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey

Louise_WebMD_Staff responded:
Resources to get you started: Newcomer Tips

Recommendation--post often for accountability, support and share your story. It works. Our biggest successes are always members who commit to posting often.

blondie454u responded:
Welcome aboard.
Amber CW 129-132 maintaining, SW 250. Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've been on a weight loss journey since I was 13. I had a major physical ailment hit me and didn't get to be the active kid that I had been...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
61 of 76 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.