Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Having an emotional day and I just want to eat
Babypodof4 posted:
OK - I am single parenting it until Sunday - my husband is in Chicago. Well - that isn't a big deal - he leaves town a lot - but today I got some really bad news - and I just want to eat.

My job outside the home is to do homevisits on pregnant girls and young children. I try to educate them on how to feed their children (childhood feeding dynamics is my expertise). Well - I found out one of the little guys I followed was killed by his dad. I followed him before his dad got custody of him - the Father also had another child - two months older than this little guy - he scalded and drown her too. They were only 13 and 15 months old. I just feel so bad for these kids. They moved down to Detroit around June - so we haven't seen them in a while.

I just look at my babies and wonder how anyone could do that to their babies? Well - stress always makes me want to eat. Ugh. I will not overeat tonight (or have a glass of wine) Ugh. Sorry - I know this isn't diet related - but - well - I am craving food. . .
SW 192, CW 194 (yuck!), GW 155  We can do anything we put our minds to!!

Jis4Judy responded:
Hi I am here to tell you eating won;t make the pain go away
it will only make things worse ..
I am allways saddened by how cruel some people can be
but at this time right now there isn;t a lot we can do about it
Just be kinder to ourselves and our familys
Take care of you right now so that you will be able to care for others ... when they need you ..
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 153ish maintaining Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey

Babypodof4 replied to Jis4Judy's response:
Thanks Judy - I baked homemade mac n cheese - and only ate one and 1/2 cups worth - got my comfort food yet I don't feel guilty for over eating (too much anyway).
SW 192, CW 194 (yuck!), GW 155 We can do anything we put our minds to!!

jean4u replied to Babypodof4's response:
Angel, that IS so very sad about that little boy. If only he could have been adopted by some loving family. There are so many couples, even single-parents who could have provided a safe and caring home. But, know all you can do IS provide the information to your clintele. They must be the ones to put it into use to better their lives. Feel good that you do help some of these people. Their lives can be better because of the info. you give them.

Don't you feel that by venting here that, that averted a food "melt down" There is so much of how we eat connected to our emotions. Staying in good control of food helps create a stability for our emotions, too.

This is tough, also, having a "traveling husband". Good thing, though, he is working and motivated (working on master's). You just have to carry the brunt in his absence.

Barb Jean

Babypodof4 replied to jean4u's response:
Barb Jean -

It did help here. My husband is one of those people that when he gets upset he stops eating - so he doesn't get why I hit the mac n cheese or the chips when something really upsets me. It really did help - as does putting my food log on here.

I am so proud of my husband - he is working hard to give us a better life! We are broke - but not poor (ie - we pay all our bills on time and have money for what we NEED - there is just never anything extra!). Sometimes I feel guilty for quitting one one of my jobs - especially when I have to tell my kids I can't buy them something - but they are just things. Having a happy mommy is probably more important! I hope when Nick graduates there will be a job that will appreciate him more than the one he has!
SW 192, CW 194 (yuck!), GW 155 We can do anything we put our minds to!!

blondie454u responded:
That's so sad but like Judy said there isn't a lot we can do. There is a lot of sick people out there and I don't understand it myself either. I have a 10yr old boy and I don't even like to punish him much less anything else extreme like that. If you don't want your kids then there are is help out there. There is no need to hurt them or kill them. Also like Judy said the food won't help it will just make it worse. I used to be like your husband and not eat when I was stressed but now for some reason I'm like you and have to have a comfort food. I don't know if something just clicked in my brain when I lost the weight or what but I am getting better. Now I just need to work on getting enough sleep so I have the energy to exercise.
Amber CW 129-132 maintaining, SW 250. Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 28 and a mother of 1 year old ....I currently am 146 lbs while just 3 years ago I used to be 99 lbs ....I want to get my old self back sooo badly...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.