Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Hungry horrors struck today
Jis4Judy posted:
these kind of days make a bit crazy
I was hungry all evening long still feel hungry I know it is false hunger
because feeding myself doesn;t make it go away .. I ate over my limit on calories and have been sitting down watching TV talking to myself saying Judy you aren;t hungry you ate too much allready and I think if I post this the feeling will go away ... thats my true conffession I slipped pretty bad today . I must do better starting now I must honor my cut off time and start fresh tomorow..
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 153ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey

beachgg responded:
Well I too am sitting here--feeling hungry--it's at night time-- I do have a yogurt left to have--
then it's off to bed--been watching the BB game-- just read your post and it hit home so figured I'd write--so it helped me to know someone as awesome as u had the same issues-- you have made it -- I have to get there too--
I felt so bad for those children -- why do we have so many sick people ??? Poor tiny angels God I will pray for them tonight--
BEACH GREAT GRAM Joined 9/21/2010 SW 196.8 Weigh-ins 10/5 192.8, 10/10 193.6, Oops

Babypodof4 responded:
Judy - I can say from all the research I have read (which is probably more than the average person should) - there are two things I want to say - first - it is the overall kcals that you intake of a period of time that count. If you over eat one day - eat less a few days later - that is what counts. Next - if you are hungry - stomach growling hungry - eat something. Your body is telling you that you need it. We shouldn't ignore what our body tells us because then things really do get messed up - but - I have been there so I do know what you are saying!
SW 192, CW 194 (yuck!), GW 155 We can do anything we put our minds to!!

jean4u replied to Babypodof4's response:
Judy, We all do appreciate your honesty. We are impressed with your healthy food intake posts. But they are a bit intimidating. LOL By posting the "slips" makes us know that gee, even Judy goes overboard at times. But we know you will get back on target.

Thanks for sharing. That's what we are here for, the good and the bad and what happens in-between!

Happy Friday!

Barb Jean

Jis4Judy replied to jean4u's response:
yes ladies that why I posted it is because I didn;t want anyone thinking I was perfect in my food becuase it would be a lie //
I am just as likely to mess up as anyone ..
It is getting back on track as soon as possable and haveing more good days than bad that makes it work..
progress not perfection
SW 247 CW 153ish maintaining Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey

blondie454u replied to Jis4Judy's response:
Well so far (but I've only been up for 2 hours) I've been good tonight and for most of the week and that is saying a lot for me. Now I have to work on the exercising thing.
Amber CW 129-132 maintaining, SW 250. Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

jean4u replied to blondie454u's response:
Amber,

Good for you for having a good week and knowing where you need to "fine tune" a bit (the exercise). It's all about those tweeks that keep us on the right track.

Happy Saturday!

Barb Jean

Jis4Judy replied to blondie454u's response:
Hi Amber good to see you back on track and makeing new goals /exercise..is great for our bodies..

SW 247 CW 153ish maintaining Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey

blondie454u replied to Jis4Judy's response:
Yes it is. I can tell a difference when I do and don't exercise. Just have to work on the sleeping thing.
Amber CW 129-132 maintaining, SW 250. Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

justmejust replied to blondie454u's response:
Hi Amber, so happy you are continuing with your journey! Congratulations on that alone, really is inspiring.

Yes, the sleep thing is as important as the nutrition and the exercise. I know you have a lot on your plate right now with an evening shift job and parenting.

I respect sleep a lot nowadays. I have read how important it is for everyone. During those 8 or so hours all of our organs rest and rejuvenate from the previous day. Our bodies and all of our organs work better, even our brain, when we get enough sleep. I think we burn calories better and reduce cravings when we are well rested also.
Laura GW 145 / CW 212 Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection. Baby steps to to healthy lifestyle change.

blondie454u replied to justmejust's response:
Yes I agree. I think that is why I was doing a lot of the out of control eating because I wasn't getting no sleep with all the stress. Now I still have the stress but I am learning I just have to deal with it and move on so I have been sleeping better. Thanks for all the support.

SMCarter137 replied to blondie454u's response:
Once you get on a routine you'll noticed the difference and want to excerise more. I go to the gym 5 days a week. Sat & Sun are suppose to be my resting days.. but this weekend I was going crazy because I wanted to work out! Also when i work out I feel like im more prone to stick with my healthy living.
22 y/o 5'4 SW:226 lbs CW:195.5 lbs GW:145 lbs IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN! (50.5 lbs to go)

blondie454u replied to SMCarter137's response:
I used to have that feeling but I wasn't sleeping all that well and I'm under stress. The sleeping has gotten better but the stress is still there but I am learning to deal with it so maybe after of a few weeks of being on track I'll get back in that mode.

jean4u replied to blondie454u's response:
Amber,

I think you have touched on a topic that effects eating and sleeping. Being under stress, especially with all that is going on with the negative economy. People feel so out of control. Jobs are tight, money is very tight. I give thanks for what I have and pray for blessings. Then I have to let "it go".

I used to be a worrier. Would stay awake alot. I find myself go back to that behavior. Then I have to do the above, because the worrying does not change a thing.

I am thankful to have this board and my "board buddies" for much needed support.

Barb Jean

blondie454u replied to jean4u's response:
Yes thanks to our board buddies for support!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Just joining to find some support as I begin this long road. I've struggled with weight all of my life, and now as a 42 year old, I am having a di...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.