Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Exercise and intake for 10/21/10
Babypodof4 posted:
So - I am actually pretty proud of myself yesterday - had a couple of triggers that normally would have had me go crazy with the eating (went to a buffet for lunch with my kids and mom - then had a stressful night where I made a homemade mac n cheese). I am hoping that after my Dr. appointment that I can jog tonight - my body actually aches from not exercising:

Exercise: None - ugh
Pedometer reading : 6594 steps

Intake:

Diet pepsi
Large salad (2 cups lettuce, 1c fresh mushrooms, 1/4 cup egg whites, 2T ranch, a small amount of croutons)
1 chicken wing
1 small meatball
1 slice banana bread (no butter or anything - just the slice of bread)

1/4 orange (what my kids didn't finish at snack time)

1 1/2 cup homemade garlic herb mac and cheese.

It just hit me that I really didn't drink a lot yesterday - I need to really work on my water intake!!! I made a vegetable with dinner - I just didn't eat it since I had that large salad and I was afraid the spinach with dinner would really make the IBS go nuts!
SW 192, CW 194 (yuck!), GW 155  We can do anything we put our minds to!!

Babypodof4 responded:
OH - totally spaced that I had 2 tortilla chips. When I got the bad news I grabbed the bag and ate two chips before I had the, "What are you doing?" thought.

BTW - I am so glad for this group and thankful I am doing this - because I can say that if I weren't reporting every bite to you than I probably would have went nuts at the buffet! I had the thought when I went back after the salad of , "You know - you are going to have to post to the world what you ate today so really think about what you get on this plate!"
SW 192, CW 194 (yuck!), GW 155 We can do anything we put our minds to!!

Jis4Judy responded:
well as you all know I lost my control yesterday
I started so well too what I was doing was trying to have a lower cal day to offset a couple of slightly higher days than I intended. and I think it backfired on me..
I think it was brain hunger my brain conjured up an old habit of eating non stop . I know I said this before but I am sure we never really break old habits we are just putting them to sleep and something makes it wake up ...
here is the ugly truth

Breakfast
5.8 oz orange
1/2 C bran flakes 1/4 C each heart to heart and cheerios
3/4 C fat free milk
3.1 Oz sreawberries
2 C black coffee
started my day fine too an energetic walk some of it backwards so my dh could catch up

Baked chicken breast removed skin before eating
1.2 C brown rice with mushrooms
1 C green beans xooked from fresh
my usual salad

2 C green tea with lemon

Plum
4 ounce apple 1T peanut butter
the cocoa

1 slice whole grain bread
part of that chicken breast I had earlier
4 slice dill pickle

dessert 7 oz strawberries 1/3 C fat free yogurt 1 teas brn sugar

If I quit right here I would have been fine

but
this is what happened in the evening
2 small brazil nuts
2.5 oz pistachios
4.2 Oz apple
6 oz grapes
10 wheat thins

I drank 7 C water too
all healthy foods but too many !

Grams Calories %-Cals Calories

Fat
54.4 470 25 %
Saturated
9.0 78 4 %

Polyunsaturated
14.2 122 6 %
Monounsaturated
21.0 180 9 %
Carbohydrate
279.6 1,017 54 %
Dietary Fiber

Protein
107.4 411 22 %
Alcohol
0.0 0 0 %
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 153ish maintaining Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey

jean4u replied to Jis4Judy's response:
Judy, even your "out-of control" was with healthy food!! LOL

Anyway here's BARB JEAN Food Log for THURSDAY, 10-21- 10.

BREAKFAST--3 egg whites (hard-boiled, threw out yolks), filled with red-pepper hummus and chopped celery, seasoned with red pepper flakes. 1 glass ff milk.

SNACK--100 cal. popcorn.

LUNCH-- Pea soup and salad.

DINNER-- 2 chicken breasts, mashed potatoes with "I can't Believe It's not Butter" (seasoned with red pepper flakes). Broccoli slaw.

SNACK-- Pringles, low-fat, cheddar.

64 oz. water at least.

EXERCISE--4 games of bowling. Does walking the thrift stores count? LOL

Barb Jean

SMCarter137 replied to jean4u's response:
OMG eggs filled with hummus? That sounds soo goood. Thanks for the yummy idea!
22 y/o 5'4 SW:226 lbs CW:197.5 lbs GW:145 lbs IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN! (52.5 lbs to go)

Babypodof4 replied to jean4u's response:
Those eggs do sound good! Judy - at least you didn't hit the mac n cheese!!!
SW 192, CW 194 (yuck!), GW 155 We can do anything we put our minds to!!

Jis4Judy replied to Babypodof4's response:
Hi Angel and Jean
If I liked mac and cheese it might have happened.
thats a comfort food for some but it is not even edible to me I am such a picky eater...
even when I was obese I never cooked mac and cheese
thats probably a good thing for me that I don;t like it..
every thing I ate was healthy just too much of it ..even my %numbers for balanced nutrition was right ... those wheat thins is a guestimate could have been 15 crackers instead of 10 at that time I was in an I don;t care mode... thats what scares me the most being in the I don;t care way of thinking because I do care,,,

also the brown rice is a typo 1/2 C not 1.2

SW 247 CW 153ish maintaining Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey

jean4u replied to Jis4Judy's response:
About the hard boiled egg whites...I buy a dozen eggs a week. Hard boil them. Buy red pepper hummus (on sale). Chopped celery or any other veggies would work. I use celery because it is cheap and crunchy. By adding the celery this cuts down on calories and cost. I fill extras and keep in frig.. for snack or meal.

This is one of the first recipes I got here on the diet boards. So if you keep reading and posting it is helpful.

Another tip I just recently tried. and it does work. Is, spray a large (microwavable) mug with cooking spray, add 2/3 cup Egg Beaters (you could add pre-cooked veggies; spinach, broccoli, peppers) and cook for 2-3 mins. Now you could add lowfat cheese to top when done. Sliced tomatoes and 1 slice whole wheat toast and fruit would go with it, also. You could even put this in a high fiber wrap and eat it "on the run".

Big fan of getting protein in at breakfast and watching the $$$$$. Nowadays most stores have "their" version" of Egg Beaters or you can get a sale on this product.

Barb Jean

irisheyes213 replied to jean4u's response:
Hey Barb,

Have you tried the Aldi's hummus yet? We tried the garlic and it was comparable to trader joes. Actually the aldi had more garlic flavor. I saw today that they had roasted red pepper and I am going to try that one next. I picked up some of their guacamole after trying it at my sisters house the other day.

SMCarter137 replied to jean4u's response:
Nice! i'll have to keep that in mind. I like to save money as well. Wegmans has great value on thier dairy. And I always try to go to farmers markets because there so much cheaper then the grocery stores.
22 y/o 5'4 SW:226 lbs CW:195.5 lbs GW:145 lbs IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN! (50.5 lbs to go)

jean4u replied to SMCarter137's response:
Deb,

I can't believe I leaned my hand on the keyboard and just lost my post.....YUCK! Seemed like I was typing for days, too. LOL

Well here goes. I think I remember saying I was going to try Aldi's guac and hummus. I usually grab the Meijer's 2-fers sales on Mediterranean (brand). I tried Sabrarro (brand) it seemed to separate and was a heavier consistency than I like. I have never gone to Trader Joe's, I think I would get out of control in there....gotta try this and this......

SM, I went to a farmers market and got a spaghetti squash and a butternut squash. I cook the spaghetti squash in the micro (important step is pierce the squash SEVERAL times with sharp knife...I EXPLODED one due to NOT enough pierces to allow steam to escape...it wrecked my micro....slow leaner BUT trainable) LOL Let cool so you can cut in half, remove seeds, flake with fork. I use "Can't believe it's not butter", a bit of Parmesan, garlic powder, red pepper flakes. You could top with marinana sauce.

Now the butternut, I saw a recipe for "fries" with this squash on Hungry Girl site, Just type in Hungry Girl butternut squash fries and the recipe comes up. Only ingredients are the squash, oven spray, salt (I would use Mrs. Dash and some garlic powder, maybe Cajun seasoning).

There, I think that is all I wanted to say! Now, if I only press the right button!!!

Barb Jean

blondie454u replied to jean4u's response:
I tried the butternut squash fries and I thought they was nasty but that's just me. I've never tried hummus. I would like to but I hate buying something and then not like and have to throw it away cuz it will never get eat.
Amber CW 129-132 maintaining, SW 250. Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Jis4Judy replied to blondie454u's response:
Hi Amber I like butternut squash but have never tried it as fries
I did have sweet potato fries and they were good..
I tried hummus once it was ok but not something I would run out to buy... I am an awfull picky eater...

Spotlight: Member Stories

Just joining to find some support as I begin this long road. I've struggled with weight all of my life, and now as a 42 year old, I am having a di...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.