Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
I walked 1 mile, rode bike 8 mi, today
justmejust posted:
I walked 1 mile, rode bike 8 mi, today. My walk took about 15 min. and my ride took an hour.
Laura GW 145 / CW 212 Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection. Baby steps to to healthy lifestyle change.

Babypodof4 responded:
Good job!
SW 192, CW 194 (yuck!), GW 155 We can do anything we put our minds to!!

blondie454u responded:
Great! I bet you feel so much better!
Amber CW 129-132 maintaining, SW 250. Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

justmejust replied to blondie454u's response:
Hi! I do feel better, feel better all around. I put upgraded insoles in my tennis shoes (my old shoes were starting to hurt) and my feet feel so much better. And my walking is getting stronger. I can hardly believe it because I had been walking that same old speed for a long time!

I walked my mile loop again today at increased speed, another 15 min. mile, easy! Felt good to sweat, too.

I think my nutritious meals are making my body stronger and maybe actually healthier too!

Though, I am not losing weight or inches in my waist now for a week or more, I just feel better non the less.

Laura
Laura GW 145 / CW 212 Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection. Baby steps to to healthy lifestyle change.

blondie454u replied to justmejust's response:
That's all that matters is feeling better. I wouldn't worry about it as long as you are eating and exercising right. Great Job!
Amber CW 129-132 maintaining, SW 250. Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

jean4u replied to blondie454u's response:
Laura,

I got the thick sole shoes at Payless (like Sketcher's) for walking. These shoes make my feet and knees not ache like when I had the thinner sole work out shoes.

I think you are "right-on", though about the "combo" effect of good nutrition and buildng up stamina by consistently doing exercise. WTG!!!!

Keep staying on your journey, it will pay off. Slow is a good thing.

Barb Jean

justmejust replied to jean4u's response:
Thanks Barb Jean, I'll try out those Sketchers. I keep seeing people in them. They are looking more and more comfortable each time I see them, with that thick center part. In my New Ballance specialty store shoes I am a 4E, so might have width trouble in anything else.

I used to wear sketchers and found them very comfortable until my foot didn't like the toe width anymore. Might be worth checking out that new style with the fat center style...

jean4u replied to justmejust's response:
LAURA, about those Sketchers....for some reason their sizes do vary, alot. I just bought a pair of 10's without trying on. (They were on sale and from a store that I could return if need be....no time to try on dh was in check-out already when I nabbed them).

Well, turns out they were too narrow. I had this experience with a different style, too.

When you get a good fit, though I do like those thick sole. I got a pair from Payless and a Sketcher version. Both of them in size 10.

Good Luck

Happy Friday!

Barb Jean

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've struggled with weight issues all of my adult life. At 37, looking back on all of those years of waisted time-I can never get back. I feel for...More

Helpful Tips

Working Out
OMG I had a very hard time getting out of the bed this morning to go to the gym. I'm not a morning person, but this morning it was awful. ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.