Skip to content
Update...
Indiaguerita posted:
Hey everyone!

It's been a week (or more) since I've posted. Just wanted to give everyone a short update.

I have been working out to Zumba dvd. I have been making my kids do it with me. It's a lot of fun and I sweat a lot.

I haven't lost any weight. I think I'm down to 251 but that was before I started the video.

I'll try to get on the boards more! Hope everyone is doing well.

-Laura
FirstPrevious12NextLast

blondie454u responded:
Good job on exercising. I am doing good and hope everyone else is too.
Amber CW 139 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

jean4u responded:
Hey Laura,

Good for you to break out the Zumba dvd!

Really getting off the couch is the first step. Everytime I walk by my couch it gives a "sigh", you used to like me. LOL

Make those little changes 1st. Stay with it. Think summer.

When those jeans start getting looser, then it really gets to be pay back time.

Make each day a bit healthier than the day before. Come here for the support we all need.

Barb

P.S. Good to hear from you. Bet your kids had fun seeing mom sweat!

Jis4Judy responded:
Hi Laura what is a Zumba DVD is it like danceing ?
that sounds like a fun way to get exercise ..
HUgs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 153ish maintaining Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey

Indiaguerita replied to Jis4Judy's response:
Sorry for delay in response. Work is crazy and I have been fighting with my insurance company about covering the cost of my son's Autism treatments. (What a treat! NOT!)

*Sigh*

Anyways...Mrs. Judy, yes, it is dancing. It is my absolute favorite kind of exercise. You can't be unhappy if you're dancing. LOL.

Jean...My jeans sigh at me when I struggle to button them up...("Yeah, right, lady...you're never gonna get me zipped up!") I do a victory dance when I get them zipped and buttoned. LOL.

Still doing the video and today during lunch I went for a walk in lieu of my cigarette. It really invigorated me. I am trying hard to focus on one thing at a time...but I really do want to quit smoking.

How are you girls doing? Amber...are you maintaining? Jean, how's your weightloss going?

-LJ

blondie454u replied to Indiaguerita's response:
Yes I am maintaining. I kinda over did it this weekend but it wasn't too bad. Thanks for asking.
Amber CW 139 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

jean4u replied to Indiaguerita's response:
Hey LJ,

Got to comment on your ins. not wanting to cover your son.....just keep asking for appeals. I hope you get ahold of a caring person there. That can make all the difference. Maybe if you have the dr. change the billing code. Don't give up!

Good for you for walking during lunch!

I am in maintenance, now. But, I have to weigh myself and keep track of what I eat and those portions. I really have learned so much about my old ways and how I could lose weight but do that yo-yoing. This is a way of life. Eating healthy 85% of the time and making exercise almost a daily thing. And 64 z. of water most days. This is what needs to get done.

You made me smile about the jean victory...we've all had the jeans sneer at us. I remember "the dryer" must have shrunk them....then I remembered I didn't put them in the dryer! LOL

Well, good to hear that you are moving more....that is the way this lifestyle change is made. One day at a time...adding more movement and adding healthy foods and drinking more water.

That's it!

Barb

Happy Tuesday!

jean4u replied to blondie454u's response:
Hi Amber,

Good for you for getting back with it after you went off a bit on the weekend. That's what it's all about.....getting back on and not beating yourself up.

The healthy lifestyle is the way to do it. I was watching that new show "Heavy" and the nutritionist was saying it has to be a lifestyle change in order to keep the weight off. They were talking about how they added those calories everyday....chips and salsa before a meal...thing I used to do without thinking. Now, I may eat the chips and salsa, but I do see the price I will pay.

Happy Tuesday!

Barb

jean4u replied to Jis4Judy's response:
Judy,

Some of the senior centers have Zumba Gold classes. I agree, I haven't done it, but it sounds like fun.

I saw those infomercials selling the dvd's...those people are really shaking "it". LOL

Barb

Happy Tuesday!

Jis4Judy replied to jean4u's response:
Hi Jean it does sound like a fun way to get exercise the DVDs all aeem to come in sets I looked them up online
I will check out the stores in my area and see if they have anything among their DVDs.
Maybe they have a TV channel with zumba too will check that out next ,
Like I said I rarely get out of my house this no driveing has me a bit disadvantaged
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 153ish maintaining Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey

jean4u replied to Jis4Judy's response:
JUDY,

You might contact your local library and see if the reference desk can help you locate a Zumba dvd.

Since you don't drive they may have some "delivery" service.

Hey, us seniors got to be creative!

The latest Curves advertisement showed them doing Zumba as a part of their exercise routine. I'm not sure I could get my body going that fast but it looks like it really burns some calories!

Barb

Happy Wednesday!

Jis4Judy replied to jean4u's response:
Hi Jean that might be a good idea our library has things like that we used to norrow movies at one time so maybe they have more .. maybe i could get my DH to look for one next time he goes there .. I get out to go shopping 2 times a week
I know I could make it once a week but would rather get out 2 times...
thanks for the reminder about the library
Hugs Judy:)

Andie_WebMD_Staff responded:
Good to see you back, Laura! Congrats on sticking to the Zumba and the walking at lunch! I tried a Zumba class once! I thought I was a pretty good dancer until I took that class! LOL

I know once you get a couple of the regular moves down it is probably much easier and much more fun, so I'm going to give it another shot soon! I like the idea of the DVD at home so I can go at my own pace too. (Good call on the library DVD, Barb!)

Don't forget that you're building muscle and you may not see weight loss on the scales right away. But, muscle revs up your metabolism and burns fat, so it's on it's way!

I love how everyone is so supportive! You are the best community ever!! :)

pallzy replied to jean4u's response:
I do Zumba at my Curves. It's loads of fun. Plus, I was starting to get a little bored with the routine, so it's added some interest back into my workout.
5'11 SW 275/GW 160/CW 159

jean4u replied to pallzy's response:
Hey SHERYL!

Good to see you!!!

I can tell you now "in person" how much your support and seeing how dedicated you were, meant to me. Really seeing the day to day determination and struggle made me know I wasn't alone in my battle.

I have been here over 1 year, now. I have made some really healthy eating and exercise habits changes. No, it wasn't overnight. When I do slip I get back ASAP, that is key.

Hope you are well. Good to see that the healthy lifestyle is a way of life for you.

Barb

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Stephanie and I am from Tennessee. I am a mother of 3. I stay at home with the kids. I have not tried very hard losing weight since I have ...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.