Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Mini-Goal Check In: 2/22/11
Andie_WebMD_Staff posted:
Check in every week to stay focused and on track with your goals. This week your mini-goal may be to exercise more and next week, you may challenge yourself to drink more water.

Remember, set just ONE or TWO mini-goals for the week so you make it less burdensome to accomplish. You want to make this challenging, yet achievable.

So, what is your mini-goal for this week?
:)

If you'd like to keep track of your stats, you can copy/paste this format and share in your reply. But, you don't have to! Just share your mini-goals if you like!

• Height:
  • Current Weight:
  • Previous Weight (last weigh in):
  • Previous Mini-Goal Status: (hit or miss, challenges, etc)
  • This Week's Mini-Goal:

Jis4Judy responded:
  • Height: 5'5"
  • Current Weight: 155
  • Previous Weight (last weigh in): 155.5
  • failed my goal last week
  • This Week's Mini-Goal: to not indulge in any off plan items this comeing week and keep exerciseing at least 5 days a week
Hugs Judy:)

SW 247 CW 153ish maintaining Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey

dpkpko responded:
I'm an old, short, overweight gal who just wants to get over the the "starting line" for this health-watch move into wellness; not focusing on any outcomes yet. That's my first and foremost goal. Trying to create the cycle of being aware, logging in and having success is a little overwhelming at first. Old habits are hard to break...

Jis4Judy replied to dpkpko's response:
Hi dpkpko.
the best way to change old habits is to create new healthier habits to replace them ..
let us know how you are doing OK?
SW 247 CW 153ish maintaining Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey life isn;t allways what we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

Andie_WebMD_Staff replied to dpkpko's response:
Hi Dpkpko,

I understand where you're coming from completely. When I got started with losing weight (this time) I was not ready to think about how much weight I wanted to lose or size I wanted to wear.

Don't take this check in as a rigid format you have to follow. Everyone can choose to post their stats, but it's definitely not required. The most important thing about this weekly check-in is that you're making small "mini-goals" for yourself and monitoring how you've done with them

It's hard to look at the long-term because it can be overwhelming. Just pick one small thing you plan to accomplish this week. Like:

• "I will log in & participate in the community 3 times a week for support", or
  • "I will check labels on my foods this week to start getting an idea of what I'm putting in my body"

Those are both things that are very doable and will start giving you the feeling of accomplishment. Take pride when you stick to your mini-goal, then move on to the next one the following week. Before you know it, all those mini-goals will have you close to your big one! :)

Good luck & keep us posted!

Andie_WebMD_Staff replied to Jis4Judy's response:
Hi Judy,

I failed my mini-goals last week, too. It seems I keep making excuses for myself NOT to stick with it. My daughter's birthdays, not feeling well, TOM, or whatever I can grasp!

I think I'm finally past my naughty phase (as far as eating anyway) because now when I think about eating junk food it makes me feel sick to my stomach. I miss feeling like I'm taking good care of myself and watching the scale go down!

So, it's back to eating right next week! My daughter's birthday party (she's 17) is tomorrow night (yeah, I know...more excuses) so I'm not going to try and resist all the goodies until after that. But, just watch me go starting on Monday! :)

Good luck!! I miss talking about our beloved football teams with you!

Jis4Judy replied to Andie_WebMD_Staff's response:
Oh me too Andie I realy am haveing football withdrawel symptoms...
I did really good today when I went shopping I was thinking of buying mama celeste pizzas for one,,,they are on sale and If I bought 7 of them I would get 100 extra points towards gasoline each 100 points gives 10 cents off per gallon on the next fill up .. I got out my trusty magnifier and read the small print on the label they were full of trans fats and it said artificial mottzarella cheese .. what is that? maybe it is the trans fats made to taste like the cheese .. so I didn;t buy them this is something I did eat before plan and I decided right there even with the tempting bonus points not to renew my accaintance with this particular product..
this is a much better decision .. instead I took advantage to buy tide laundry detergent for 200 extra points for buying 3 I will eventually use this so I went for that deal ..
what we do for cheaper gas ..
SW 247 CW 153ish maintaining Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey life isn;t allways what we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

justmejust responded:

• Height: 5'4"
  • Current Weight: 215
  • This Week's Mini-Goal: eat one extra whole food each day
Laura GW 145 / CW 215 / SW 225 Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection. Baby steps to to healthy lifestyle change.

crgerlach responded:
  • Height: 5'3"
  • Current Weight: 190 lbs
  • Previous Weight (last weigh in): NA
  • Previous Mini-Goal Status: (hit or miss, challenges, etc) NA
  • This Week's Mini-Goal: Get up and take a walk or do exercise video before work

sarust responded:
  • Height: 5ft
  • Current Weight: 140
  • Previous Weight (last weigh in): 140
  • This Week's Mini-Goal: exercise for 30 mins each day and cut out snacks in the evening

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've struggled with weight issues all of my adult life. At 37, looking back on all of those years of waisted time-I can never get back. I feel for...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.