Skip to content
Monday Check In & Mini-Goals 3/14
Andie_WebMD_Staff posted:
How did you do last week on your Mini-Goals? Mine this week is to get busy drinking more water! I've really slacked and I can tell my body needs it because I'm always thirsty.

Water helps lose weight, so I'm on it!! How about you? What are your mini-goals this week? Remember: challenging but achievable.

If you'd like to keep track of your stats, you can copy/paste this format and share in your reply. But, you don't have to! Just share your mini-goals if you like!

• Height:
  • Current Weight:
  • Previous Weight (last weigh in):
  • Previous Mini-Goal Status: (hit or miss, challenges, etc)
  • This Week's Mini-Goal:
FirstPrevious12NextLast

Jis4Judy responded:
  • Height: 5'5"
  • Current Weight: 155.5
  • Previous Weight (last weigh in): 156
  • Previous Mini-Goal Status: (hit or miss, challenges, etc)
  • I did great eating my rainbow
  • This Week's Mini-Goal: gonna keep eating my rainbow and drink more water
  • Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 153ish maintaining Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jadedmw responded:
  • Height: 5' 6"
  • Current Weight:269
  • Previous Weight (last weigh in):270
  • Previous Mini-Goal Status: (hit or miss, challenges, etc) um just keeping exercising i dont want to stop
  • This Week's Mini-Goal:add more walking if i can. :)
i dont know if that is a mini goal. i am not exactly sure what they are. I am new here.

nursingbug responded:
  • Height: 5, 5
  • Current Weight: 245
  • Previous Weight (last weigh in): 242
  • Previous Mini-Goal Status: (hit or miss, challenges, etc) didn't do too good on sweets
  • This Week's Mini-Goal: cut out the sweets! Pray instead!

justmejust replied to Jis4Judy's response:
  • Height: 5'3"
  • Current Weight: 215
  • Previous Weight (last weigh in): 215
  • Previous Mini-Goal Status: exercise one additional day
  • This Week's Mini-Goal: eat one more colorful vegetable per day
Laura GW 145 / CW 215 / SW 225 Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection. Baby steps to to healthy lifestyle change. Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey (Judy)

blondie454u responded:
  • Height: 5'3"
  • Current Weight: Not sure (montly came along)
  • Previous Weight (last weigh in): 139
  • Previous Mini-Goal Status: Not to binge eat
  • This Week's Mini-Goal: Too start exercizing again
Amber CW 139 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

tobykfan03 responded:
I'm hooked on sweet tea and can't get off it. I like water some but only with lemon. Did you ever drink sweet tea or sodas?

Andie_WebMD_Staff replied to jadedmw's response:
Hi Jaded,

Welcome to the Dieting Club: 50-100 Lbs community! So glad to have you hear and chiming in with your stats already! WTG!

A mini goal is anything that keeps you on track and motivates you to keep at it. This week your mini-goal may be to exercise more and next week, you may challenge yourself to drink more water.

We really just want to set ONE or TWO mini-goals for the week so you make it less burdensome to accomplish. You want to make this challenging, yet achievable.

How to Get Started:

Use our Food & Fitness Planner to make a daily plan for eating and exercise and use our Community to track your progress.

Sample Mini-Goals:

• Posting to the community daily for accountability (Smart!)
  • Food journaling & tracking calories every day
  • Begin a walking routine or add more time/days to it

If you didn't hit your goal last week, reevaluate and remember mini-goals need to be small and achievable. Was it? How will you change the outcome THIS week?

kme_monkey responded:
I am just starting on my weight loss journey after having a baby and breatfeeding for the past year, so here it goes!!!

• Height: 5'9"
  • Current Weight: 260
  • Previous Weight (last weigh in): N/A
  • Previous Mini-Goal Status: (hit or miss, challenges, etc) N/A
  • This Week's Mini-Goal: I have TWO mini-goals for this week: 1. Switch to whole wheat bread. (I'm a white bread junkie!) and 2. Go for bike rides with my husband!
I am really looking forward to learning from all of you and being a part of a positive community!

jadedmw replied to Andie_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thanks for the welcome! And after reading your post i think i am doin ok. my mini goal each week is to lose 2 or more lbs. lol i know i will platue eventually but i will just have to power through it. i started the food and fitness planner on monday then started lookin round the site and found this community. i am slowly workin my way up to walking 45 mins on my treadmill each day and doing a 10 min light weight and excersice routine (currently at 30 mins a day plus the 10). Plus i am doin much better on my diet now that i started using the planner. That planner is awsome. i would so recomend it to others, actually i already have but she said she wasnt goin to till she was ready to commit and that makes sence. anyhow. how do you all make the cool lil signatures under you posts. i looked around and cant seem to find out were to put that in.??

1PeppermintPattie responded:
  • Height:5'10
  • Current Weight:255
  • Previous Weight (last weigh in):260 2 wks ago
  • Previous Mini-Goal Status: cut out ALL soda
  • This Week's Mini-Goal-Walk 1 mile everyday
  • I had surgery last year on my leg, but in the process some nerves got damaged. My leg aches at times and I had stopped walking after work. My goal is to work back up to 2.5 miles a day. mini goal: 1 mile this week!
    Yay to all! Go team!

justmejust replied to kme_monkey's response:
    Welcome kme_monkey, great couple of goals!
    Laura GW 145 / CW 215 / SW 225 Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection. Baby steps to to healthy lifestyle change. Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey (Judy)

justmejust replied to 1PeppermintPattie's response:
    Welcome 1PeppermintPattie!

justmejust replied to tobykfan03's response:
    I drank more low fat milk to replace the diet cola I used to drink several times a day! It really helped make it easier for me and was more filling and satisfying. Good luck.

Cutie84 responded:
    Height: 5'8"
    Current Weight: 250
    Previous Weight (last weigh in): 250
    Previous Mini-Goal Status: (hit or miss, challenges, etc)
    Not to eat any sweets. (hit & miss)

This Week's Mini-Goal: Exercise more, and eat less corn products.

I am new to the program as well and am trying to loose as much weight as possible, because me and my boyfriend are trying to conceive :)

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
    Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.