Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Was down to 212 now back up to 215
justmejust posted:
What a see saw. I gave in to the Easter chocolates, and had too many. WOW. Sometimes I just think I will never buckle down and wrap my head around the honest efforts I need to do to be healthy and healthy weight again.
Other than that and a EF4 tornado in our area, I'm doing okay!
Hope everyone had a nice Easter. Spent mine with my family and my dad.
Laura GW 145 / CW 212 / SW 225 Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection. Baby steps to a healthy lifestyle change.

Tomato05 responded:
At least you were brave enough to weigh yourself after Easter. Many will want to wait a few days...

Easter was good, but now I'm developing a cold, and I fear I won't be able to go to the gym for the rest of the week. I went today, but with my sore throat and feeling of fatigue I did not last long.

SMCarter137 responded:
I agree with Tomato.. I wasn't so brave to see how much I weigh. The whole Easter weekend was a bit much for me. I had a serious sweet tooth!
23 y/o 5'4 SW:226 lbs CW:178 lbs GW:145 lbs IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN! (31.5 lbs to go)

justmejust replied to Tomato05's response:
Thanks Tomato, I saw an exercise guest on The Nate Berkus show today who said that all you need to do is a few exercises in your home at the counter and on the floor to have a nice workout. He favored not spending the time driving in the car. I don't know, but maybe you can do a couple stretches at home.
Laura GW 145 / CW 212 / SW 225 Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection. Baby steps to a healthy lifestyle change.

justmejust replied to SMCarter137's response:
Thanks, I struggled some today as well. But I did make an olive oil, garlic, baby spinach, chickpea cooked greens today. Trying to get some nutrition.

miafeduptwice replied to justmejust's response:
I just hate when just the idea of a holiday seems to put some extra lbs on me. I swear i did not eat any candy or deserts and somehow i was 2 lbs heavier on Monday! it better be water and salt!:)

justmejust replied to miafeduptwice's response:
Hi Mia, How are you and your kids and your new home?
Do you keep track of your food daily? I go for days without tracking and sometimes go long stretches. I forget to do it.

miafeduptwice replied to justmejust's response:
Hi there-i try to keep track but sometimes i just dont include all the veggies and fruit i had had. I kinda concider them as "free" calories and i know that is WRONG!!!!

jean4u replied to justmejust's response:
Laura, that spinach, garlic and chickpeas sounds yummy. I will have to try that one. I often wilt spinach, for 3 mins. in micro, then add garlic powder, can't believe it's not butter spray, feta cheese and red pepper flakes.

I cook the whole bag of spinach because it really reduces to a small amount.

I also use uncooked spinach as a main salad ingredient. Very yummy w/mushrooms.

I like it in eggwhite omelettes w/mushrooms.

What you said about keeping track of your food.....do you use that "fit day" on WebMd or a journal? I have never done a food journal, but I keep a weight journal and weigh daily. So I know what I ate the day before caused my weight to go up, down, or stay the same. I can also tell if I don't hydrate enough by the scale.

I think everybody has to find what works for them and make changes when they see new things that may help their journey(s).

Barb

Happy Thursday! Yay, bowling day!

jean4u replied to miafeduptwice's response:
Hi Mia,

So nice to see you here!

Me & DH are helping a gal-friend w/her house...getting ready for the dreaded home inspection. The house has alot of leaks and needs alot of work. So, we have pitched in. Very tiring stuff, I am helping w/the shoveling-out part.

I know you recently went through a move and that must have been exhausting, especially w/the two little girls. Sometimes we just have to get through difficult times.

Glad to see that you did not abandon your healthy lifestyle. It is real easy to eat the wrong food when you are exhausted. I am finding it harder to stay on track since I am away from home and at my friend's house most of this week. I over ate pizza on Tues. and that is something I got away from. Much easier to stay in control when not over tired or stressed. Oh well, I will do better!

Barb

miafeduptwice replied to jean4u's response:
Hi there Barb, now you making me think of pizza:) it is my favorite! Funny thing even thoug i moved back in december it still feels like i am not done moving.anyhow-it is getting much easier with staying on track with diet since it is getting warmer outside- and it calls for less clothes!!!! i actually,on purpose do not turn my a/c on since when i am hot i dont have an appetite. I added some more resistance to my elliptical work out and i am sweating like a hog!

justmejust responded:
I was looking back at this 4 month old post from me. I pat myself on my back because since then I am down another 10 pounds and I am very glad I have this post to remind me that I am continuing to make progress. 2 pounds per month is much better than no pounds a month. :)
Laura GW 145 CW 203 SW 225 Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection. Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a 37 year old mother of two. Very much want to lose around 50 pounds to be healthy. I have tried everything out there and I feel like I just keep...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.