Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
New to the Community
PrettyGirl08 posted:
I am currently in my early 20's, and my goal is to lose 75lbs. I am currently doing a 1700 calorie diet and has started to exercise on a day to day basis. I need motivation, because this time I am serious about losing the weight and keeping it off. I look back to when I was a cheerleader in high school and that is my motivation to keeping the weight off. I am also not eating after 7;00p.m. in the evening and I wanted to know is this helpful to achieving my diet goal?

jean4u responded:
Good for you to start slow and focus on making this a healthy lifestyle.

I think to set a time when you do not eat like 7 pm is good. However, to have a low-cal. snack or drink is OK in my book. Just keep it light.

Quote: Aim for better everyday rather than perfect right away. How's that to keep you motivated!

Let us know how you do.

Barb

blondie454u responded:
Sounds like you're on the right track. Welcome aboard!
Amber CW 139 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

SMCarter137 responded:
Sounds like you got a good plan. I myself don't eat after 8 pm. But if you do, go for a healthy snack.
23 y/o 5'4 SW:226 lbs CW:178 lbs GW:145 lbs IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN! (31.5 lbs to go)

Rohvannyn responded:
Welcome to the group! I'm new too. I''ve heard it's best to eat your breakfast, usually high protein and low fat. I can't stand eating much in the morning, personally, but I've heard it's best to eat most of your calories as breakfast and lunch and avoid night snacking. So you're on the right track!

A good motivation is to focus on how you feel after you do something good for yourself, versus how you feel when you do something bad for you. For example, my teeth hurt when I eat sugar. When my teeth are feeling good, and sugar presents itself, I can ask myself "do I want my teeth to hurt?" Sure, it doesn't always work, but it helps sometimes. Focus on the positive, but remind yourself of the negative things you are trying to get away from. We're here for you!

jean4u replied to Rohvannyn's response:
Before I started here I would not eat all day, then eat all night. I really feel like I am eating more, now. But it is less white carbs. I would eat bowls of white pasta after my dinner and chips.

Now I eat lots of veggies and fruits. I have cut out white pasta and white bread. I have lost my craving for these foods. I had relapses in the beginning when I would fall back into the old ways. I really think self control is like a muscle, it gets bigger as we use it more.

I was a yo-yo dieter. I could lose 10-15 and then go back to old eating patterns because to lose the 10-15 I never changed my eating style.

Drinking 64 oz of water and increasing veggies and fruits is a very good start.

Good luck!

Happy Thursday! Bowling day!

Barb

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm somewhat retired and inactive. When I worked, my routine included daily exercise. However, when the 9-5 ended, so did my stopping at the gym o...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 26 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.